Recurring P0411 code | FerrariChat

Recurring P0411 code

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by alex360S, May 6, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alex360S

alex360S Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2006
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Alex
    After major work on my '02 360 including a clutch change, seals, gaskets and timing belt, I've inherited a recurring P0411 code and annoying check engine light. I am aware that the P0411 code is related to incorrect airflow in the secondary air system and I believe there is a problem because ever since I got the car back the secondary air pump is louder than usual and the exhaust smells extremely rich on cold starts. The car has been back several times and they have attempted different approaches each time. A leak down test on the engine was performed and all is normal. They also tested the vacuum at each of the secondary valves and that seems normal also. The last time the car was in they were pretty sure that they nailed it and saw something abnormal in the software and rectified it, but the CEL is back! What could possibly be preventing these valves from opening and allowing the proper amount of air to flow? I've checked the filter on the pump and cleaned it myself and the dealer has cycled the pump several times in my presence, so we know that it is working. This circuit does not look like something very complicated yet impossible to fix?? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex.

2. Euromog

Euromog Karting

Apr 5, 2009
    Oakhurst, CA
    Full Name:
    John Wessels
    With the SD2/3 the repair shop needs to access the lab scope mode for the front O2 sensors. This needs to be done with a cold engine. Then jumper the air pump relay and apply vacuum to the valves so they open. Then start the engine and look at the pattern for the O2 sensors. After a few minutes of running the voltage should still be low. Then relieve the vacuum to the valves and pull the jumper wire for the pump. The voltage from the O2 sensors should rise and start switching immediatly. If it does not pull the air injection hoses off at the valves. Start the engine and apply vacuum to the valves. You should be able to hear exhaust coming back through them a bit. You can also feel it with your hand. If not the valves are not opening or the pipes are coked up.

When the monitor for the air injection system runs the above is what it is looking at. If it does not see the drop at the O2 sensors while the pump is running it sets the code.

3. SecretAsianManJB

Jan 22, 2021
    Los Angeles, CA, USA
    Full Name:
    James Banh
    @alex360S have you found a solution to this issue? Did you or the technician at the dealership try @Euromog proceedure?

4. 26street

26street Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2021
    Westchester New York
    Full Name:
    Mark k
    If you get a hold of Ferrari’s trouble code chart in it will be a description on how the code sets meaning which sensors and what it takes before the Monitor runs to set the light
    With out knowing the criteria you will be throwing parts at it
    Low flow can be a lot of things from restriction in a diverter valve to low voltage to air pump
    Getting the right info will help tremendously

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app