Recreations...... Oh, Lord....... | FerrariChat

Recreations...... Oh, Lord.......

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by tx246, Nov 4, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Obviously, this is a rather polarizing topic.

I am not advocating for ANY current cars being converted. However, where we are today, many of these exist from years ago.

I would like this thread to be for owners to talk about their cars without being flamed.

What do you like?

What do you hate?

What details do drive YOU nuts?

How do you handle conversations about YOUR car?

It seems like we all want to disperage REPLICAS here on F-Chat, and I understand that. I hate seeing important, but lower hanging fruit type cars, destroyed - INCLUDING 4 headlight 330's, 365 gt 2+2's, even 365/400/412's....

The carnage should stop.

Being realistic, we are here today, with these "UPDATED" cars.

Who has an "Updated" car and can give us good/bad feedback about THEIR experience?

2. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

i like your car and the cars jime rose built!!!! hard to fault from a car guy perspective...they are lovely machines. the purest will no doubt agree :)

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Ever since we split the forum, there has been much less talk about recreations. It's kinda sad. There are some amazing recreations/conversions out there.

The TRC at continental was one of those and it is an amazing car. I saw it in person, and it looked magnificent. Not 100% like a real TRC, but spectacular nonethelss. And it sounded glorious. A lot of car for $320k.

Same for the Daytona Comp Conversions.

4. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    you would think so, and both arguments are valid IMO ...but some haters just gonna hate! ;)