Recovery towing a 365BB? | FerrariChat

Recovery towing a 365BB?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by TerryG!, Jul 1, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TerryG!

TerryG! Karting

Feb 12, 2017
    Central UK
    I’ve been thinking about what will happen when I need recovery of the 365BB.

As far as I know there is no facility for towing at the front. Please tell me if I’m wrong.

At the rear there are better options, such as a lower wishbone to hook onto. And from a trailer/truck weight balance perspective loading this way seems preferable.

Any suggestions? What do you guys do?

It looks feasible to attach to a front wishbone arm but that valance is very low, vulnerable and obscuring other options.

At the very least I think I’ll be sure to carry a softish strop, to avoid the need for a recovery truck metal hook being attached in haste.

2. mexicruiser

mexicruiser Karting

Aug 28, 2012
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Does the 365 have the flat square underneath the front fascia as my 512BBi has? If so how about fabricating a tow ring welded on a plate and bolted to the frame thru the fascia?

3. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

4. TerryG!

TerryG! Karting

Feb 12, 2017
    Central UK
    Thanks for the suggestions. I don’t think the 365 has either the plate or the towing eye mount. At least I can’t see anything resembling either. And my front number plate is right where the pictured eye is on the BBi above.

5. TerryG!

TerryG! Karting

Feb 12, 2017
    Central UK
    The BBi towing eye is listed as part of the toolkit, part 24 in the listing, ‘gancio di traino’. I don’t believe any similar fitting is listed for the 365BB.