Record asking price for a pouch from La Scuderia Rossa | FerrariChat

Record asking price for a pouch from La Scuderia Rossa

Discussion in '206/246' started by dm_n_stuff, Aug 26, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

[size=+2]$7,000.00[/size]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220021227576

Price is only matched by the size of his ... nerve.

also, tool kits seem to be coming down in price - $850.00. Don't miss the opportunity.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FERRARI-206-246-DINO-TOOLKIT-EXCELLENT-EVERYDAY-USE_W0QQitemZ220021173433QQihZ012QQcategoryZ6763QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Too bad he got off to such a bad start. He seems to have some nice stuff now. Although I'm not sure I understand his pricing.

DinoTarga Top $6K
    246 Motor $12K
    Set of four center caps $1600!!!
    Ansa Exhaust $2200
    4 Cromodoras $3300

Are these a little over the top, or have I lost touch with this part of the market?

DM

2. shaughnessy

shaughnessy Formula 3

Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy
    NICE TO WANT

3. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    who only knows what he is trying to accomplish. i figure it is only a matter of time before he resurfaces here undera different name. we all know that he has bought a good number of REAL items recently. i am sure he is replicating some and trying to turn a profit on the REAL stuff. he has outbid me several times on EBAY. i don't think he will get what he is asking, but who knows.

at a bare minimum, i am glad he has gotten far better at his descriptions. he is no longer being vague as to whether it is real or repro.

4. dignini

dignini Formula 3

Aug 21, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Luigi Marazzi
    Maybe some Ferrari items are like real estate deals, you can never pay too much, just sell too soon. Pay $7000.00 for a pouch give it a couple of years see what happens.

5. CollectorMorry

CollectorMorry Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Morry Barmak
    Are these cars now worth more in parts than whole???

6. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Probably not. But the tools and books sure can fetch some serious money, and it's getting more serious every day.

Don't set your market on LSR's pricing though, I think he's maybe been out in the sun a bit long. :D

DM

7. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    hell, to be honest, i admit my gult in driving prices up. however, my neuroticism is in line with what we see on ebay. i spend too much money for stuff i don't need, but love.

having said that, these pricesw even boggle my mind. if these are truely market prices, i think the market has a lot more items than it realises. my collections doors will open at these prices. i say that, knowing that these prices aren't real world. however, if lsr gets his price, more power to him. i think he will be waiting a long time.

8. TLKIZER660

TLKIZER660 Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2004
    Québec
    These cars have always been worth more in parts than whole!!! Only morals (or bad judgement) keeps us from parting out perfectly complete cars. What do you think, Tom S?
    Tom Kizer

9. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller

IMO, ALMOST ANY Ferrari is worth more in parts than as a whole..

10. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

So a parted out excellent condition Dino GT is worth over $100K?

Does that include the time it takes to get the freaking thing apart?

not to mention the gallons of tears?

I dunno, I think I'll sell mine whole....SOMEDAY.

Dave

11. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott

I purchased a new Anza exhaust from T Rutlands last year for far under what he is charging. You can find the items elsewhere and don't need to support such a charlatan.

I see he only has 4 Negative feedbacks for a total of 98.8%. Please note that he holds feedback hostage and will not leave feedback until after the buyer, so this number is artificially low.
    His actual rating could be far worse.

12. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I buy my ANSAs from ANSA! LOL!

Want the number? It's in Atlanta!

Why pay more??????

13. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott

Selling the parts off just takes a long time, ask Tom S.

Back to the original topic.
    We've all seen the recent sale of a pouch for $6500.00 USD. If so, then $7k isn't much of a stretch and he'll probably get it sooner than later.

Remember, dealers historically have snagged these accessories when they purchase the car. With the record number of Dinos being restored and turned into high end cars/possibly concours winnrs, buyers are going to need these original items. Dino owners tend to go wild over their cars and they're near cultist level because of all the different aspects of these neat little cars.

While the pouch seems pricey to us that can recall back a few years, the demand side is still strong.

14. 4redno

4redno Formula 3

Mar 21, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Keith Mitchell Wintraub
    Something about that pouch looks strangely familiar. I'd say it's the same one he bought from me just a few months ago for $4,600 but I could be mistaken.

15. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Told me, in a short and curse email when I enquired about the same issue, that he had sold that one a month ago for $6K.

Soooo......

There you go!

Dave

16. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn

that's funny, he told me your pouch arrived cut up severely and that wa sthe reason for the ordeal here on f-chat about him demanding a price reduction.

this pouch looks like it is missing the glue mark though. maybe it is what was cut out.

17. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    the $6500 sale included a lot mor ethan just a pouch, let's not kid ourselves here.

i dino pouch isn't worth anywhere near that price when empty.

18. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Since we've now opened this discussion...

What do you think an empty pouch, assuming you can find one offered that way, is worth?

Dave

19. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott

Crickey you're right, that pouch is empty!
    Sorry, his ads have so much fluff and rambling in them I must have gotten distracted.

20. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    i am guessing in th $100 - $125 range

21. 4redno

4redno Formula 3

Mar 21, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Keith Mitchell Wintraub
    Funny guy!

22. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I think it could be worth $300, but beyond that it is artificially high. Of course it is worth what anyone would pay for it, but looking at it outside the connection to the car it could not be worth more than $300. In other words, look at the item as if it were in an antique store and it was not a part of the Dino regalia. Why would you pay $7000 (or even $1000). Just a different viewpoint on what car 'accessories' are 'worth'. Pesonally, I like the dino but I fear the prices are getting a little crazy and many owners will get burned.
    :)
    BT

23. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

From my limited personal experience, if you can find a pouch for less than a couple grand, buy it.

On the other hand, if any of you guys have one you'll part with for your indicated prices above, send me a PM. :D

I'll even toss in a ferrarichat mug.

Dave

24. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn

dave,

that damned pm feature seems not to be working for some reason

25. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Shawn.

Cleared my PM's out, it's all yours!!! :D

Plus here's my cell number, and my home number, and my office number, and my email addresses, and my kids' cell phone numbers....

Check's in the mail. I'll attach my address to the check. You can even use my UPS shipper number to send it to me.

Thanks again,

Dave