Recommendations - MD/VA shipping | FerrariChat

Recommendations - MD/VA shipping

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Chupacabra, Jan 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Hello, all!

I have a new (to me) Ferrari on the way, and it’s looking more and more like I will need to have it shipped. Kinda boo, because I’d much rather pick it up, meet up with zygomatic :) and enjoy the ride home, but cest la vie.

Anyone have any good recs for a solid and reasonable auto transport service? Car will be going from Bethesda to the Hampton Roads area.

Thanks!

2. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    Blairs towing does most of the exotic dealerships in the D.C. Area and will go anywhere and have an enclosed truck. Roadrunner towing does all of Ferrari of washingtons towing and also have an enclosed truck.

3. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    I would contact Matt Brown at White Horse Auto Concierge http://www.whitehorseautoconcierge.com/index.html

He is a one man operation and a former Ferrari owner. I used him to transport my 360 from Sterling to Rockville. He was a lot less expensive, more flexible, and responsive vs. Blair’s or Roadrunner. He is likely also better for slightly longer distances like yours.

4. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    I have not spoken with him in a few years, but Matt Brown used to do just what you are looking for. He's in Alexandria and a Ferrari owner who understands what it takes to transport these cars correctly. Check out his website: www.whitehorseautoconcierge.com.

I posted this at the same time as the post just above it came in. That makes two votes for Matt Brown!

5. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I like Bruce at Applewood. Think they're based out of Morgantown or Charles Town.

6. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Yes for either Matt or Bruce. Both excellent.

7. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Thanks for all the responses, guys!! I’m going to get into it today :)

8. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    so what are you getting?

9. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    575! One of my all time favs!

By the way, Matt at Whitehorse came back with a great quote, so thanks for the recommendation, folks!

10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    One of my all time favorites as well. Congratulations!

11. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Thanks! Once shipped, she's going to spend her first night in Hampton Roads at Abacus Racing for H20 temp sensor replacement and fresh fluids. The agony of the wait... :)

LARRYH likes this.
  12. etmracing

etmracing Karting

Oct 17, 2010
    Thurmont MD
    Full Name:
    Marc Stephens
    From my shop (Eurotech Classics) I've used Whitehorse and Applewood both are great to deal with.

13. FerrariFR33458

FerrariFR33458 Formula 3

Aug 4, 2017
    Wash DC Area
    Full Name:
    FR33
    Hi, congrats, the weather is still blah, don't forget to paint correct, protective film, and clear coat if not already done. Takes max of a week to knock out. I swear by it on my 458

14. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    Got left in the lurch by Applewood. Used Matt at White Horse Auto Concierge to ship across WV. No problems, good service, good rates.

15. drjmoney

drjmoney Rookie

Aug 1, 2006
    Where are you in HR? I just bought a 2010 California and would like to meet up with other owners in the area. I live in Virginia Beach

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat