recommend car storage options in Chicago? | FerrariChat

recommend car storage options in Chicago?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by D N M, Mar 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. D N M

D N M Karting

Dec 20, 2013
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Can anyone recommend a warehouse or garage in the city to store cars? Looking to move in the Lakeview area and the garage spaces are limited with condos. Anyone currently storing at Collectors Car Garage or Chicago Car Club?

2. JJ97

JJ97 Karting

Apr 1, 2012
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Joe Nocera

I am at collectors car garage and I really like them. Great people to deal with and lots of options for pick up including a private bay with a code if you need to pick up after hours. I would recommend them.

JJ

3. D N M

D N M Karting

Dec 20, 2013
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Dan
    JJ, thanks for the quick response. I assume you can take your car out for a drive at anytime? I'm not looking to just store for the season, but year round.

4. ferrariwithsnowtires

ferrariwithsnowtires Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2005
    I live in E Lakeview and have to origami myself to get out of my NSX once in my garage.

I checked out CCC and found the facility to be really nice, well located and with terrific staff.

I attend a couple of their Sunday cars and coffee events each year. Really a well run type of place.

They had a ton of space last summer as a major collector moved his mother load of stuff so new here else.

The only thing they didn’t have was a self serve kind of thing. You have to contact them and they pull the car out during business hours or as was mentioned, if you want access to your car, say at 6 AM, they would have to put in in a bay with and exterior door the day before.

5. ferrariwithsnowtires

Dec 17, 2005
    I use Albany Auto Body for my other cars, and they own Chicago car Club.

Jason is a fantastic guy. I did not know they did much storage. My understanding was that side of the business was focused on sales of specialty cars.

6. D N M

D N M Karting

Dec 20, 2013
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Dan
    great info, thanks guys! CCC's website indicated they have an annual lease and I was hoping to keep it there year-round and take it out for a drive anytime. I'll let you know when I make the move into the area

7. ferrariwithsnowtires

Dec 17, 2005
    If you are not living on the lake, make sure you get a place on the North side of W. street (ex. W. Roscoe). The light you get in these places in incredible.

D N M likes this.