Recommend a Recumbent Exercise Bike | FerrariChat

Recommend a Recumbent Exercise Bike

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Paul Vincent, Feb 26, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Paul Vincent

Paul Vincent Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2004
    Anybody willing to make a recommendation for a recumbent exercise bike? P.S. We already have an inexpensive Schwinn which only provides a low level of resistance and are interested in one that provides more.

2. billyfitness

billyfitness Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2006
    Overland Park, KS
    Full Name:
    Bill Leavitt
    Life Fitness recumbents are the best in my opinion. I have had them in my gym for over 12 years, never an issue. Search ebay for a used one. You should be able to pick up a light commercial for between $900-$1200. Get as new a one as you can afford.
    -Billy

3. Paul Vincent

Paul Vincent Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2004
    Thanks. Used but in good shape is all I need, so I'll make the most of ebay.

4. SCousineau

SCousineau Guest

Jul 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    S Cousineau
    My wife has recently worn out her Livestrong LS6.0R in just under three years of pretty heavy use. Adding up the cost of the unit ($700) and dividing by miles (roughly 12,000), we figure she paid 6 cents per exercised mile. I am investigating new options for her now and that brought me into this thread.

I am most interested in seeing how some of the much more expensive units compare in cost per mile over time. I can see where the $3500 units will longer, but they would have to last maintenance free for ten years to duplicate the cost per mile of the 6.0R.

5. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Paul.

I have a really nice recumbent, life fitness I think. Has a heart monitor, different courses you can run, etc.

Where in the world are you? Mine is for sale CHEAP in suburban Philadelphia!!!

Dave

6. SCousineau

SCousineau Guest

Jul 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    S Cousineau
    Check the dates Dave, I was doing a bit of thread mining trying to find out who new what about exercise equipment and had posted. Paul was looking like three years back.

7. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

CRAP!!

Thought I had a shot at moving the bike before I move and leave it behind.

D

8. Mbn

Mbn Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    I agree life fitness recumbent bikes.