Reading Concours D'elegance | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Reading Concours D'elegance

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by bjferrari, Feb 21, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mdsassaman

mdsassaman Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    Reading, PA
    Full Name:
    Mike Sassaman
    There is no rain date. The show will go on rain or shine. You have to understand that we have tents for dealers and vendors arranged and set up the day before, meals ordered for all who registered, vendors are coming from all over, sound system, etc. It is a lot of work to put this all together and there is just no way to set a "Rain Date." The local Reading, PA weather forecast I saw this morning showed Sunday to be cloudy but the rain should be over on Saturday.

2. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    I just checked the weather forecast on 2 different sites. Both sites are now saying sunny and clear with a 10% chance of rain.
    Sending out good vibes to the universe for a sunny day.

3. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    Must be Pietro (or Enzo) pulling some strings for us.

4. mdsassaman

mdsassaman Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    Reading, PA
    Full Name:
    Mike Sassaman
    Pietro is working with Enzo and Scaglietti now.

5. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Hope to see you there. Me 1987 TR Dave.

6. Fmuto42

Fmuto42 Karting

Jul 19, 2015
    Downingtown, PA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #56 Fmuto42, May 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Well on this 30th anniversary Of ferris bueller it's only good form to drop you a line. Couple things here. I will be at reading and praying for good weather on Sunday. Are you goin? Im going to have it judged as well...sooo pretty excited. Lastly, me and a buddy of mine did ferris bueller today.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    That's probably me (61015). I've attended many Reading shows and can't remember too many times there was another GTB alongside mine. But I'll keep an eye out...

8. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    #58 Ferris Bueller, May 20, 2016
    Frank,
    I will be there rain or shiine.
    2 or 3 yrs ago the same weather forcast was predicted and it turned out to be a beautiful sunny day.
    I spent the past 2 days detailing my 430 I am bringing. Looking forward to the event.
    If I see you before you see me first then please introduce yourself. Its always nice to put a face to the name on here.

-Dominic

9. Fmuto42

Fmuto42 Karting

Jul 19, 2015
    Downingtown, PA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️ looks familiar!!! Lol. I most certainly will introduce myself. I'm sketchy about real rain, found out when cleaning mine I do let some water in certain areas of the targa roof. So it'll be a game time decision for me unfortunately but I'm remaining hopeful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Fmuto42

Fmuto42 Karting

Jul 19, 2015
    Downingtown, PA
    Full Name:
    Frank

I quoted after I posted....see above lol

Car is looking great!!!!

11. spaghetti

spaghetti Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    SC, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob Satterfield
    I like your style Dom....

12. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Leaving Pgh. to Reading now in the rain. New wiper blades.

Dave

13. Fmuto42

Fmuto42 Karting

Jul 19, 2015
    Downingtown, PA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    SAFE TRAVELS DAVE!

14. Fmuto42

Fmuto42 Karting

Jul 19, 2015
    Downingtown, PA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Dom, I hit you back P/M .... Let me know where you guys might be....I can certainly meet up on the way! I've never said this before but I'm PRAYING for just clouds!!!!!!!

15. mdsassaman

mdsassaman Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    Reading, PA
    Full Name:
    Mike Sassaman
    The weather.com forecast for Reading 19606 is cloudy with only a small chance of rain for Sunday. Things are all set up for the event as of this morning.

16. Fmuto42

Fmuto42 Karting

Jul 19, 2015
    Downingtown, PA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Live in Downingtown 19335 not far from reading and still raining with ponding on the roads

17. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Regardless of all the rumors you might hear, Ferraris wont melt in the rain.
    The only drawback is the vintage model guys might stay home which I can understand but I enjoy seeing those cars the most.
    Heading out the door soon as the oil temp hits 140!

18. BRH

BRH Rookie

May 6, 2015
    Lancaster county, PA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Anyone know the cost to just spectate at the gate? Still saving for my 360... Just want to bring my sons up to look at some F cars...

19. DreamCarrera

DreamCarrera Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    See post #28 of this thread. Full registration is required to attend the event(not sure if Ferrari ownership is required though as FCA does not require ownership of a Ferrari to join the club).

20. MJT328GTS

MJT328GTS Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2005
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    MJT
    We decided to bag the event this year after waking up this morning and seeing the radar from York, PA to Reading. What was suppose to be a 10% chance in Reading last night turned out to be much more green and yellow signalling steady precipitation. Even though we're out $300 (three of us were going) spent way too much time detailing the 328 to get it immediately messed up in the rain and dirt.

I was even wondering how soggy the ground would be at the event and would there be issues getting in and out of the grass.

Hope the people that did go enjoyed it. Looking forward to pictures tonight.

21. Fmuto42

Fmuto42 Karting

Jul 19, 2015
    Downingtown, PA
    Full Name:
    Frank

Im with ya man...I was saying the same and lucked out from west of Downingtown to reading. Had some steady rain, drips on me blotted with a microfiber towel. Then got there, was concerned about the turf but it was ok...staged up and wiped it down. Few spits to 30 second shower but otherwise it was great and glad I went! Also won gold there too, which was very happy about that and meeting all the people on here and new acquaintances!

A solid day it was! Got some pics to upload. Any one else have issues with multiple pics upload?

22. mdsassaman

mdsassaman Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    Reading, PA
    Full Name:
    Mike Sassaman
    It started out with rain but the field at the RCC is always pretty solid, no problems there. About 70 cars were there and the skies cleared for the main part of the day. Met some new friends and I enjoyed the show.

23. mdsassaman

mdsassaman Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    Reading, PA
    Full Name:
    Mike Sassaman
    #73 mdsassaman, May 22, 2016
  24. MJT328GTS

MJT328GTS Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2005
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    MJT
    Glad that it worked out for you. Can you believe that it's still raining here tonight. Hopefully everyone had a great time and for the conditions the pictures show a strong turnout.

There is always next year!

25. dahveedem

dahveedem Formula 3

Mar 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    David
    #75 dahveedem, May 22, 2016
    Last edited: May 22, 2016
    Ended up being a great day at the event. Rain all the way up and rain most of the way back to Maryland. Sunny at the event though til the end.

That was the most 348 serie speciale I've ever seen in one place.

Followed my twin (another 93 speciale) on the way out. That car was spectacular.

Pretty sure I was the highest mileage 348 there at 60k except maybe for Paul. Also ended up winning a Platinum award for which I'm very thankful. Next time the car will truly be worthy! Though she's gonna be wearing her 360 heels!

Glad to meet whom i think is the newest member of the 348 brotherhood as well... welcome Frank!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    [​IMG]