RB upset with MS after Monaco ... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

RB upset with MS after Monaco ...

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by PSk, May 23, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Exactly. Stay awake until the very end, especially if you have MS grabbing yourass for the past 10 or 12 laps

2. mschuey

mschuey Rookie

Mar 16, 2005
    I agree. Did Alonzo whine after he was passed on the same chicane a few laps earlier? When I replayed the end of the race I saw Ralph almost run into his brother because he was surprised to see him alongside of him. I saw it as hard racing.

3. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    I think some of these guys have gotten too into their posh lifestyles and it's managed to osmotically transfer over to their driving; they've become these "ooh, get away, don't touch me ... oh why do you have to drive so close to me ... oooh... that's not nice." Kinda guys.
    I guess that's what happens when the governing body treats everyone like children.

4. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Blue flag -> The blue or passing flag has different meanings depending on how it is held and whether it is used during practice, qualifying or racing. Generally when it is held motionless it is an indication to a driver that there is a faster car following closely behind, but not yet close enough for a pass. A waving flag generally indicates that the driver is about to be overtaken and should take care to permit the following vehicle a safe pass. It is expected to be shown when a leader is overtaking lapped traffic, or when the pass is not for position. However, many use blue flag when the pass is for position, provided the overtakng driver is considerably faster.

Carol

5. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    I think he moved over because he wanted to thank him for helping him win the championship. He had already beat him so such a move, pyscologically makes no sense. from what i understand he really liked Berger.

6. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    jknight is correct BUT the blue flag has completely different meanings depending on what is happening on the track. If you are being lapped ... it means get out of the way. If you are racing for position it simply is being shown to you to make sure you KNOW that somebody is there ... you do not have to move over, even if the driver is faster, you can simply hold your line and get on with your race.

Even when there is a race long battle often the blue flag is shown ... better to show it than have a driver crash and then complain he did not (for some crazy reason) realise the other car was there.

Pete

7. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Maybe ... but I remember watching that race and he did it so patrionising it would have made me (if I was Berger) brake and refuse the gesture.

Senna was leading by miles and then just about stopped on the front straight so the whole main stand could see what he was doing ... fnck that I do not need handouts!

Pete

8. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    Michael and Ralf have spoken about the race:
    I agree with Ralf and Michael. Michael did absolutley the right thing, but if he'd done it to me I'd be pissed off!

9. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy

well put

10. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    How else should he have done it? Make it look like he passed him on his own? If MS was your teammate and you knew he was faster and he'd let you by you'd take it.

11. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Once again half of the Formula 1 world has tumbled into controversy over...drum roll please...AN OVERTAKING MANOUVER!!! Good Lord, what next? Someone should tell Ralf, auf deutsch, that not all over-paid multi-millionaire drivers are happy to run out the race, contentedly playing follow the leader. I applaud Michael--for several years he's run around in circles, hardly challenged, leaving some (myself included) to wonder what would happen should he find himself mid-pack fighting for position. These also-rans are just so accustomed to accepting their lot in the F1 food chain that they've adopted a "why bother" mentality. Especially at a track like Monaco. As for Rubens, well he's a good guy and all, but I've always felt he was a little too soft to compete like an elite driver. What we saw last Sunday was a World Class competitor showing how a real race driver competes, whether for 1st or 7th. That's also what impressed me about Raikkonen, how he continued to press so hard while completely dominating. Ralf should be ashamed of himself for whining like this. And Rubens should stop sitting on his a$$ waiting for Michael to show him the way to the finish line.

12. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    All I can say about Rubens is BOO HOO! He should stop his *****ing and let his driving do the talking.
    I agree with you Gilles.

13. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    VERY well said. I agree 1000%

14. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Jack,

It showed 100% why MS is still a racer at heart after so many years. Couldn't agree with you more.

Regards,
    Tony

15. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Very true. I think we also have seen a glimpse of his heart in Imola. Just enough to silence those that think he "doesn't have it anymore". He still does.

16. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Exactly, people were beginning to write off MS in 03 and than he stunned everybody in 04 with 13 wins. He didn't all of a sudden forget how to drive this year, he didn't go from the top of his game to nowhere. There are circumstances that always change in racing. Had he been the McLaren and Renault he would have won every race this season.

As soon as Bridgestone gets it right, they will win again. But in the meantime they have been in the spotlight for the past five years. It is nice to see some new talent and more competition.

17. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    The pass Michael pulled on Rubens was no different than the pass Michael pulled on Jensen at Imola. Michael was way passed RB and took him under braking; RB didn't have a chance but to give him room.

I have no doubt Michael is the top of his game as he continuously demonstrates race after race...but is there a danger to overcome F2005's shortcomings by pushing the car beyond its limits?

18. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yes, but he almost died in the 03 and 04 cars just driving them. If your number is up...

19. speedmoore

speedmoore Formula 3
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 15, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    D Moore
    Rubens should quit crying and take note. It seemed to me he was content to stay behind Ralf and fall in line. He could have done the same move to Ralf and Michael would have benefitted and they both would have been by and we all would have been jumping for joy......but he did not......just too complacent.....

MS, on the other hand with the bit in his teeth, saw an opportunity and siezed and almost got poor little bro snoozing too.

That a boy Shuey

20. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm under the impression that the F2005 hasn't been used yet and that's one of the main reasons for Ferrari's struggles- they're racing the F2004 against everyone else's 2005 cars.

I read somewhere, I don't know if it was here or in Forza magazine that the F2005 won't be introduced until Bahrain.

Again, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Forza,

Cavallini

21. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    The F2005 has already been introduced. The Bahrain GP was on April 5th, 2005.

22. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

Thanks, it was an old Forza I was reading.

Forza,

Cavallini

23. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    You are welcome! Make sure you watch the race this weekend. Ferrari are planning a great victory!

24. fluque

fluque Formula 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Above 2240m
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    I guess Rubens has been a little touchy lately because he wants some respect within the team, especially for having to put up as a 2nd driver for so long. No driver should be complacent just because there's only one lap left in the race. Great move by MS and it shows he was not just strolling around the track.

25. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    An interesting set of quotes from RB from Planet-F1 today. Seems like RB has had enough. Let's see if he has the goods to beat MS straight up.

"This is not the Ferrari team from Eddie Irvine's times, and mine isn't the situation from 2002 any more, when in Austria I had to give up my victory to Schumacher.

"Now I know that he won't protect my racing line, so I'll act accordingly.

"In the future I'll have to consider Michael not as a team-mate but like any other driver.

Kenny K.