RB upset with MS after Monaco ... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

RB upset with MS after Monaco ...

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by PSk, May 23, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    We were there when Rubens did that to Trulli - quite spectacular to say the least but best by far was Michael's 4 stops!!!

I still say the slower cars don't need to be keeping the faster ones back - need more blue flags!

Carol

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    As the Speed commentators mentioned: It is one thing to get the blue flag shown, but another to make room. In Monaco it is even hard to get out of the way.

PS: Where did you stay when you were at the French GP? The one reason I haven't yet gone to that GP, because Mitterand put it into the middle of nowhere.

3. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    So imperial, when are you going to remove your head out of MS' butt so he c an walk straight again?

You compliment MS for being aggressive, yet fault everyone else, especially JPM, for being just as aggressive, even after RS and RB said MS was out of line, you still find a way to commend MS and scream everyone else is wrong. I guess your boy can do no wrong. What about MS touching the yellow line coming out of his last pitstop?

I guess we weren't watching the same race, missed the part when RS had to jerk his car sideways to avoid MS at the finish?

Your bias loyalty to MS and Ferrari never ceases to amaze me....

4. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    As I said earlier...

This is what happens when there is no real racing on the track and you have Mickey Mouse rules being changed every race. No one knows what to say about the race because there was no real racing. So everyone talks about what he said and she said and makes up stories!

There is a big difference between JPM's inability to drive a car and Michael's racing! Montoya's incendent on Saturday clearly showed that he should not be allowed to race in F1 anymore. Michael was simply attempting to put pressure on Ralf and as far as I remember there was no contact. Michael is teh greatest racer in F1 ever and I know that he was in complete control of the situation. He made sure that no harm or injury came to Rubens or Ralf.

Michael is the only racer in F1 ever that can drive with 1 mm precision. There was never a doubt in my mind that there would be no incedent.

5. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

Yes that my friends is the whole damned point. You're supposed to race for yourself. MS, Senna, Prost, Mansell, or any other champion onlyu care about improving to team for thier own purposes. In the end you race for yourself. MS is no different than anyone else. It's silly to think that he's such a great team player. If Fearrari told him we're cutting budget, we can't pay and the car is gonna be crap for the next few year, do you really think he'd stay to help the team?

6. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

He moved over for Berger in 91. Before you say the team told him to, he radioed them and asked them if they wanted them to change postions.

7. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Michael would stay! He simply loves the team.

8. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

He would do no such thing, don't kid yourself. If he no chance to win again he'd walk. Like most people in thier right minds.

9. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    If Ferrari told anyone the above they must be out of their mind to stay and be a team loser/player.

10. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Only slightly related, but I wonder how long it will take until the Italian press starts to ask for heads to roll. The mood can change either direction there very quickly. Michael has been through that before, but that was while he was still hungry for titles. I wonder whether he wants to endure the same gauntlet again and how long it would take for him to realize that watching his kids grow up might be more fun.

11. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

Exactly my point. You have to be ruthless to be a champ. To say he loves the team and would never leave is silly, although at Schu's age he'd probably retire rather than join another team but that's just my opinion.

12. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    As for Schumacher, Todt says "he's not happy, you know. He would prefer a better situation, but it's a challenge for him too. Michael has always been so close to the team, he loves the team, he loves what he does, so he's keen to get back to success."

Todt says that he still has hopes of conserving his World Championship titles. "Of course we have hope, there are still 13 Grands Prix to go and we are working hard to get back to where we were last year. Whether it will be enough or not remains to be seen."

"It's difficult but so many things can happen. Let's say the others are quite well ahead, but if you go back two Grands Prix, everything was focused on one driver. Then you had Raikkonen who has won the last two Grands Prix and immediately things have changed, so let's hope we are the ones to win the next two Grands Prix."

--- Jean Todt knows Ferrari and knows Michael Schumacher better than YOU!

13. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    Sure he would stay, and probably loan some of his millions to the team. he really does love the team, regardless of their problems. But it will be interesting if the Italian press start to turn on him personally.

14. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

Prost may have had a point, a bad year is all it might take for MS to realise that staying home might be a good idea.

15. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Agree.

And Senna only moved over for Berger at Suzuka to patrionise the useless Berger even more, ie. see you can win a race, if I move over for you ;)

Yeah it appears a nice gesture, but when Senna and MS move over it is done in a very fnck you way so the other driver fully knows that the race was GIVEN to them, and the crowd know, etc.

And I say fair enough ... as you say YOU must be racing for yourself!
    Pete

16. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I think MS was earning his HUGE paycheck. If I were paying my driver $38 million (or whatever he gets right now) he damn well better be clawing and scratching every last inch of that race to the finish line. RB and RS just slacked up right at the end and made the mistake assuming that MS was off the clock too. He wasn't. RB could have kept him behind if he were trying to. He just slipped up just enough. I applaud someone with an absolute no-quit attitude, especially if he were on my payroll. For that much money he SHOULD keep his foot planted on that throttle and not let up until he is PAST the flag.

17. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    Rubens finally stepped up; he got pissed off by Schumi and he said so. IT's about time if you ask me.
    They should be racing; what they had before, with the ordered finishes, was BS - I hope they claw at it each other all season, if they didn't, they'd be complacent and that's not worth watching.

18. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    We stayed in Montlucon, a very beautiful city about 90 km (just over 1 hr) away from the circuit. Hotel rooms that are close i.e. Nevers, Moulins are hard to come by. In fact, we prefer to stay a tad away and enjoy the motorways in ways we can't here! Yes, the track is out in the middle of nowhere. Seats were expensive but fantastic right at the hairpin - with a nominal parking pass of 35 Eur, for both of us was right at USD 1000 - that's race tickets only! One of the difficulties is getting from CDG out of Paris proper - took over 3 hours just to do that. We normally always stay at the airport hotel (or closest) on Sunday night and as I recall the Hilton was +200 EUR for only having to walk out the entrance, turn the corner and there's the gate!

Magny-Cours was great but I think I feel more at home at Imola or Spa and even at Hockheim.

Carol

19. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

I agree totally, why should RB move over if MS has no shot at the title, screw that number one driver crap. if you are better than come a beat me. I hope he punts him next time.

20. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Me three ;) ... and this has always been my view.

Pete

21. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    I completely agree that RB and MS should be racing each other. I think Michael was quite right to have a go on Sunday, but I am also pleased to see RB trying to stand up to him. Maybe now we can't win a championship this year we'll see the Ferrari drivers really go for it head-to-head. Would be great to see RB attack MS at Nurburg!
    My automatic position for Ralf is to always disagree with all he says. I have never liked him and I wish MS had managed to get past Ralf at the line. Ralf's team would be quite rightly pissed off with him then!

22. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I watched this again last night and MS did nothing wrong (obviously) or dangerous. The pass on RB was clean - period, and RS was well out of the way when MS moved to his right. RS MOVED INTO HIM AFTER they passed the line and jerked back when he saw him there. MS wasn't trying to squeeze in anywhere there wasn't room to go. I watched it several times and even slowed it down. The problem wasn't MS - it was two other drivers who need to keep racing until the end and to watch for traffic when it's over before they do the little swing by near the crews.
    If they don't like it when they are passed by MS, don't let him. That needs to occure out on the track and not afterwards by b*&ching to the boss (RB) - (and I really like RB too)

23. axemansean

axemansean Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    And some people are saying RB let MS by. Gosh I feel like b*tch slapping them, gah!!!

I seriously believe the blue flags need to used on cars on the same lap too. Alonso and Ralf were holding up both Montoya and MS. JPM and MS were clearly the fastest cars on the grid, yet they couldn't do anything. (Yes Monaco sucks... bring back the qualifying sessions instead of this one lap crap.)

24. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    You can't blue flag someone if they are on the same lap as you. One thing that the race showed was that it is possible to overtake at Monaco if you you are brave enough.

25. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

While MS did nothing wrong, it was a case of catching RB napping, he figured the race was over and was crusing. MS took advantage of this and had they been really racing he would have covered his position. He's more than likely though Michael wouldn't risk taking them both out. He also made RB look stupid, which is what pissed him off in my opinion. It was a risky move only because if RB closs the door they both don't finish.