RB upset with MS after Monaco ... | FerrariChat

RB upset with MS after Monaco ...

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by PSk, May 23, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Team is destabilising ... :(
    Pete

2. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Let's watch the comments this week out of Gazetta della Sport...

3. s_eric09

s_eric09 Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    George
    What scares me is that michael is becoming desperate.

what scares me more is that he acts with disregard of his teamate or his brother well being!

4. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    This time he said simply: “I am a full-blooded racer. That’s what I am here to do. Do they think I came here just for a Sunday afternoon outing?”

Exactly right. It's a race. Ferrari have little to lose at this point; if Rubens can't get the job done, then Michael should have at it. If Schumi'd gotten past Ralf, he'd have been a hero.

5. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    For sixth? He's already a toasted sandwich. :(

Schumi's fame lies in pulling together an ailing Ferrari team and making them world champions.

But now when the team is floundering again, MS is content to beat on other guppies?

Where's the leadership? If Mikey keeps this up, how long before people begin to wonder whether it was Michael that brought the team up in the first place?

At this point, MS has three options: take his lumps while pulling the team back together, reinforcing his reputation; act like a spoiled brat while the team deteriorates around him, obliterating his reputation; retire so he can spin that the team fell apart without him.

6. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    On a positive note, its good to see that MS still is in there to kick some butt. I thought maybe he was out for a sunday drive.
    I agree with the above posts about the team having to stay united and MS is the leader. If he's in it for himself the the team will be hurt. I still like RB. He has been a good team member and a good racer.

7. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    On re-reading this, I think I need to specify that I was referring to a "hero" sandwich (a.k.a. sub, a.k.a. hoagie), frequently advertized as toasted in "Quisnos" commercials ...

-- I just remembered that a rubens is also a toasted sandwich. ;)

8. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Perhaps Ralf should have been blue flagged. There were other instances where the blue flag should have been used during the race. Wonder what Ralfie's problem is - is he that uneasy with his stay at Toyota that he has the need to exercise his jaws and strike on his brother to make a name for himself?? Face it, Michael was faster and he was being held up. I think that Monaco has lived well beyond it's time - it's not a race just a two hour parade with pomp and circumstance.

Carol

9. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I just saw it as racing till the very end. I like Ralf and Rubens but maybe THEY need to remember that it's a race until the checkered flag. They are always subject to passing until then.

10. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

MS has always been in it for himself, this is what some people fail to understand. I think if this continues there may be more problems. Why should RB move over for Michael, he has no chance in the championship this year.

11. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.

This statement is almost too funny coming from a devoted Senna fan. Was Senna ever not in the race for himself? Let me try to remember one incident that Senna moved over on his own to let someone by, whom he was also fighting for a position with..............................Senna was one of the most aggressive racer I have ever seen and he is sometime down right ruthless, regardles of position or his title hopes.

12. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    everyone gets touchy when they're slow.

13. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Nothing new really. When he cut across the grid to almost bury his bro at Nuerburgring into the concrete wall, the two had such fight, that their father had to intervene and get them together after the race.

MS does aggressive things. Remember Hill or Villeneuve? We haven't seen some of these antics in the last few years because he didn't have to be so aggressive as the Ferrari was too dominant. Now we're going to see more of them again.

Personally I don't have much of an issue with this. I like aggressive drivers. Whether their names are MS, JPM or Sato. Stupid attacks (like Ralf in his early years) are a different matter.

14. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    "On re-reading this, I think I need to specify that I was referring to a "hero" sandwich (a.k.a. sub, a.k.a. hoagie), frequently advertized as toasted in "Quisnos" commercials ...

-- I just remembered that a rubens is also a toasted sandwich. "

Better a foot long hero than Mom's creamy peanut butter sandwich - the latter, of course, having neither nuts nor crust. ;)

15. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    If MS continues on such a reckless path he may end up like Senna, i.e. celestial dirt nap!

16. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Despite everyone writing off Ferrari this year I still think they can win both the Constructor's and Driver's World Championship.

Than having been said, it will look pretty stupid if Michael did not win the Championship by one point! The one point he gained as a result of his old racing in Monaco!

The race was fantastic. There was no bad blood between Rubens, Michael and Ralf. The media is making up stories about F1 because this year F1 has turned into a circus!

The meeting between Rubens, Michael and Jean Todt was the regular post race debriefing! The comments made by Ralf were twisted after translation! Ralf simply stated that Michael was driving at mad or great speeds and with 1 mm of precision. His great driving abilty insured no one would get hurt!

17. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Maybe MS sneezed. ;)

18. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Seems like RS doing the PR thing again with MS. As for RB I like him, but his performance hasnt been that great either. And he seems ot be forgetting he is the #2 Car in the ferrari team. He needs to stop crying and start driving to get some points for the team to at least try and get the constructors championship.

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Given 13 more races, even Minardi could mathematically clinch the title...

I happen to speak German and read Ralf's statement in German and there is no way that this could be viewed anything but a super harsh criticism on Michael. He said (translated by me): "One more milimeter and one of us would have ended up dead. Michael sometimes doesn't use his brain."

20. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Ich las es auf Deutsch auch! :)

But all of this is being blown way out of proportion. Ralf and Michael get a long very well and respect each others decisions.

Michael, Rubens and Jean Todt met for past race briefing to get on the same page as far as performance and strategy etc. Taking seperate words from seperate quotes the media has played it such that it was a brawl in the Ferrari pit area!

Michael and Rubens will be working hard this week to improve their performance to a Ferrari 1 - 2 in Nurburgring. F1 is turning into a circus show and Ferrari are a professional team that do not engage in such media drama!

This is what happens when there is no real racing on the track and you have Mickey Mouse rules being changed every race. No one knows what to say about the race because there was no real racing. So everyone talks about what he said and she said and makes up stories!

21. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    I thought MS's move to pass RB was bold but he definitely was passed him before entering the chicane while RB was taking it easy behind Ralf. I totally like the aggressive move and think MS is dipping into own resources to overcome other team shortcomings.

22. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    What did they think that was anyway? A Race? Come on, MS slow it down out there before someone gets hurt! Why be in such a hurry anyway? That finish line isn't going anywhere. Just take it easy, it will still be there when you get there!

23. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    LOL!!!!!!!!!

24. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Fastest Laps/Monaco

Times
    01. M Schumacher Ferrari 1:15.842 lap 40
    02. 1.1 seconds
    03. later we
    04. finally
    05. find
    06. Barrichello Ferrari 1:16.916 lap 51
    07. and then
    08. R Schumacher Toyota 1:17.070 lap 11

25. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Michael did to Rubens in Monaco 05 what Rubens did to Trulli in France 04. Naturally Rubens doesn't see the humor in this.
    :)