Raleigh Cars-n-Coffee, Time to look for a new location... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Raleigh Cars-n-Coffee, Time to look for a new location...

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Owens84QV, Jun 7, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mildew

mildew Rookie

Mar 10, 2011
    Fuquay, NC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It is in the "Recent Posts by Others on Cars and Coffee - Raleigh, NC" area of the FB page.

2. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Ahh! Ok. Well, put me down. I'll be there almost for sure!

3. LZeitgeist

LZeitgeist Karting

Mar 23, 2005
    Raleigh, NC - USA
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    You coming to Raleigh, Doc? I'll for damnsure be there, too, then - keep me posted.

There's a new World of Beer location right there as well - it's my new church. I'll buy you a frosty one or two.

4. forgeahead

forgeahead F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sep 16, 2008
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Yes, indeed! However, there are some good venues in Raleigh for dinner too.
    Are you going to the mountains in August?

5. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #30 Owens84QV, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
    Guys...working with Kevin from the local Porsche club, Ron from NC-Vettes, and Kevin from the local S2000 group...the new location will be @ Waverly Place in Cary at the corner of Kildare & Tryon. There's lots of parking and the property manager is very receptive to having us there. The next Triangle Italians post will have this location.

I did get a email from Don Annas who extended an invite to North Hills, but there was collective agreement between myself, the Porsche, Corvette, and the S2000 guys that North Hills may be able to accommodate 50 cars, but not the 300-350 we've been getting each month.

Cheers guys & gals!

6. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    So wait... huh? We are or are not going to North Hills? This is all very confusing. (And I miss the old days of Ferrari and Lambos only, you know, exotics! ....Heck I dont even know what an s2000 is. Is it a truck?)

7. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    The first I had heard of North Hills was yesterday. I did get an email yesterday from Don Annas (British Car Club) extending an invite to North Hills and then last night I saw the Raleigh C&C site was also communicating North Hills. Between the Ferrari/Lambo, Porsche, and Corvette guys...there's been a lot activity to find a new location. Evidently, the property manager for Waverly Place is looking forward to having us there.

8. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
  9. Dunn1219

Dunn1219 Rookie

Jun 11, 2012
    Well thats unfortunate. Ive had a few guys go up with lowered vehicles and didn't have a problem with slow approaches but I understand your concern. Hopefully some of the 4x4 Ferrari's can make it out :D

10. lencap

lencap Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    Raleigh, NC
    I work right next to the North Hills location - it is small and cramped. Not at all able to handle the normal crowds we draw now. Lot is also not level, grass parking is damp, at best, if there was a recent rain. Street is single lane, not a lot of room to move about. Also lots of traffic from local Harris Teeter and Bruggers - not an ideal location at all in my opinion.

I'll also pass on the Durham location. I mentioned that I would check it out this weekend, but I checked it out last time I was at a Bulls game (best value in the area - highly recommended). That location doesn't look Ferrari friendly. I agree with the other poster who cautioned about the potential of rubbing expensive parts on hard surfaces.

Hopefully Cary will work.

11. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Look forward to seeing you there!

12. T|K

T|K Rookie

Dec 7, 2009
    We had a few very low cars in Durham last month that were very low (low than most of the F cars on here I would bet) that had no problems getting up the deck. One was a very very low C6 Z06 and a Camaro that is very low setup for standing mile races. We will be having the event again this Saturday if any of you do want to venture out.

13. 308-

308- Rookie

Aug 30, 2012
    NC
    hoping to make it to your sept 29th meet with my CLS if there isn't one there already

14. beepx2

beepx2 Formula 3

Jan 26, 2009
    North Carolina
    only one or two Italians at c&c saturday in Cary. Where are they going these days?

15. MCxDRIFTY

MCxDRIFTY Karting

Oct 8, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Matt Campbell
    i noticed that too! only saw a 360 modena! was very dissapointed ive been looking forward to it all month!!!

16. tamf328

tamf328 Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2005
    think they were all in Beaufort NC.

17. tonyhemet

tonyhemet Karting

Jul 21, 2012
    hemet,ca,usa
    Full Name:
    anthony gonzalez
    Hello.
    Capacity for 300 cars
    Room for revving and burnouts.
    Restrooms that can handle 300+ coffee and pastry drinking car nuts.
    Wide roads, easy access and no speed bumps.
    Roach coach aplenty.
    What you need is an abandoned truck terminal.
    Just an idea.

18. designr

designr Karting

Dec 10, 2003
    Wake Forest - NC
    Full Name:
    Ron Smith
    Cars and Coffee at Waverly this weekend? I can finally bring my car....to go with my coffee.

19. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Ron...I'll be there. Want to meet up before going to Waverly?

20. ActionFigure

ActionFigure Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2005
    Cary NC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I will go with you guys for a bit. I have not been out to Waverly yet.

21. beepx2

beepx2 Formula 3

Jan 26, 2009
    North Carolina
    I may have to miss it this month. :(