raikonen signed up thru 2010? what a mistake (spoiler) | Page 3 | FerrariChat

raikonen signed up thru 2010? what a mistake (spoiler)

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by ross, Sep 14, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    I vote for that!

2. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    I think if nothing else today proved how important setup and getting the tires to work with the set up is. STR with SV got it right all weekend..a drier set up with full wets and perfectly timed weather conditions(for them) and with skill and luck they got Bingo. Hami carved his way through the field until he overdrove the wets he was on then he was no where and too far back to make a dent on inters. Kimi finally got his car only after a few laps on inters then cranked fastest lap after fastest lap. Proof conclusive that the setup just didn't work with the wets. All this crap on here about Kimi needing to be sacked is just unbelievable. Only fchat is there a call to sack the current WDC and his teammate who is currently only measily 1 point adrift of the current leader. :rolleyes:

3. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Fire Kimi - not yet. On Ferrari World earlier both team managers decried the lack of pace in wet and cool temps for the car. Both drivers are doing or did the best they could. Ferrari pit strategy and set up engineering is not up to speed for the wet. Kimi is being outpaced in just about all conditions by Felipe.

Felipe is making the car work better for him as it has developed. Clearly that development has not benefitted Kimi's style as much. I have been a huge Kimi fan up until late. I expected him to stamp his authority on the team this year but he has not. Pragmatically speaking its way past time for him to be supported for the WDC now. Felipe has clearly earned that.

Im a Ferrari fan first and I admire Kimi but he is not in contention without some amazing miracles. Felipe has earned my respect and admiration for not giving up, being a racer for the WDC in the face of the criticism that has been leveled at him up until this year. He has earned his way by winning and performing at a level above Kimi and the stats prove it. Check manipef1.com for a detailed listing of stats and driver positions/qualy/laps led etc.

4. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    #54 PhilNotHill, Sep 14, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
    1 Sebastian Vettel Toro Rosso 86:47.494 10
    2 Heikki Kovalainen McLaren +12.50 8
    3 Robert Kubica BMW-Sauber +20.40 6
    4 Fernando Alonso Renault +23.90 5
    5 Nick Heidfeld BMW-Sauber +27.70 4
    6 Felipe Massa Ferrari +28.80 3
    7 Lewis Hamilton McLaren +29.90 2
    8 Mark Webber Red Bull +32.00 1
    9 Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari +39.40 0

Mark Webber from Red Bull by almost 7 seconds = NO POINTS ...give me a break.

5. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    How many weeks ago was it that Massa was the one that should be fired while Kimi was the Iceman??? That story changed quickly. My full respect goes to Massa for doing well when the pressure and media were REALLY on him.

6. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    #56 Prova85, Sep 14, 2008
    Kimi's take on the race and pretty much what I spouted out above. Just found this on Autosport. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70632

7. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    IMHO the team's biggest problem is not Kimi. It's the current team management.

8. Ambassiatore

Ambassiatore Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2007
    Full Name:
    David Figueredo T.
    OK...folks...Here´s mine

FERRARI is having big time problems with reliability, cold tires/cold track, on a year full of wet races...I mean, we´ve had seasons with NO RAIN...this year we´ve had like 5 races on wets???

...so the car is SLOW on full wets, on midwets...it has no mechanical grip...understeers...Ferrari to blame.

I think Kimmi has lost the interest...since last race....he wont race unless the car is perfect, Massa races it even if is just average...

And he WONT help Massa...so he screws big time so he´s never in a possition to help the guy....last race he said "it was all or nothing in this race fir me really"-what the heck!!!!!!!...even I could judge he was going too fast on that straight in Spa just before he lost it and locked it like a morron into the wall---

...Massa is NOT GOOD on a wet surface, he won last one based on luck, carefull driving...when he´s got no car he colects the points, and waits for the next to improve...the guy CAN LEARN!!!...today he managed to discount a point...so...good race!

...we have 4 more to overcome a 1 point difference.

...the car is not there...damn Silver Ferraris are A LOT better on the wet than our Red Ferraris...on the dry...Kimmi would have CRUNCHED everyone...he gambled, stayed with is dry set up...but only the last 7 laps were 80% dry...and he scored 5 fastest laps in a row...great...cool...BUT

WHY IS HE AFFRAID OF WET RACES?...wasnt he the fastest in the wet?...the next rainmaster?...WHAT IS HE WAITING?...is the Ferrari so SLOW AND IMPOSSIBLE TO DRIVE? -how come Massa is the worst on a wet, but manages to go faster on a wet set up is beyond me-

...Im more worried about the Car, and the low temps...and Kimmis attitude!!!!.... than Massa not having what it takes because HE´S GOT IT....Massa has all he needs to win it.

Kimmi wont be champ...and needs a good spanking...

Along with the Team for handing them a set of cars that cant stand a changing condition race better than a Toro Rosso

9. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    At Ferrari it's one man = one vote. LDM is that man and it is his vote.

10. DMC308

DMC308 F1 Rookie

Aug 19, 2006
    Seattle/Noosa
    Full Name:
    D
    Beer and the stick.

11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    dont write kimi off just yet. Most likely for this season yes...but the dude has incredible speed behind him. I honestly dont know whats wrong with him this season, but i recon if he'd managed to qualify better at some races he would be up there in the title fight easily (like hungary, he was stuck behind alonso most of the races, he almost spins at alonso's inlap, has some clear air, puts in a good lap now he's released....goes in next one and is ahead of alonso).

Hopefully he'll do well next year again:).

12. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Ferrari should have at least held off on his contract until the season was over.
    This is the only way to ensure Kimi ( or ANY driver ) gives his full performance.
    Now that his future is secure he has the option to put forth the effort if all the stars align or "wait till next year".
    Enzo was master of the driver motivation game.

13. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Different approaches. Do drivers respond better to support or to uncertainty? Depends on the driver, Lot's of world class drivers refused to work for Enzo.

14. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    I was very unimpressed with Kimi's performace today. It was lacklustre and very uninspired. The magic that helped him pull it all together last year is gone, I'm afraid. I really wish they had signed Alonso who would have helped immensely developing the car, but instead will likely go to BMW. Also, they run the risk of losing the opportunity to bring in younger talent like Vettel and develop their skills as they hold on to Kimi. I feel bad saying this because I have generally liked Kimi and even when he was running the cars into the ground or chased by the black helicopters during his time at McLaren, there was never that throw-in-the-towel mentality that he seems to be exhibiting right now.

15. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    +1

+1
    Neither Massa nor Kimi can develop the car. Why else would the team hire Michael to test it?

+1

16. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Alonso's been doing a bang up job developing the Renault.

17. YellowbirdRS

YellowbirdRS Formula 3

Nov 9, 2005
    DFW/RGV/MX
    Full Name:
    Xavier
    The renewal was to get Luca a drink wingman.

He can do as many fastest lap as he want but until he doesn´t learn how to qualify, start races and be competitive all the race he will be just another Jacques Villeneuve.

18. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    +1

19. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    #69 Prova85, Sep 14, 2008
    wtf? exactly when was the last time MS was reported to have tested ? The car sucks in the cool and wet plain and simple. We've now seen it more than once. The biggest issue with the SF is not the drivers but how to get the car to respond in these types of conditions if they should occur again the remaining races. But the fchat faithful want to hang the drivers by the balls over a car that sucks when it's wet :rolleyes:

20. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #70 tifosi12, Sep 15, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
    MS tested the car this year.

If you have any connections to Maranello, ask them whether Massa or Kimi can develop the car.

21. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    massa seems to do fine in the car. it doesnt do as well in the wet as the maclaren, but massa appeared to be able to keep pace with hamilton at the end. kimi was the laggard at all times on the track. schumi would not have been.

22. Ambassiatore

Ambassiatore Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2007
    Full Name:
    David Figueredo T.
    #72 Ambassiatore, Sep 15, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
    +1..the car SUCKS in the cold and wet and SF should be well aware and ashamed of it!!!...that Toro Rosso is made from the left overs of Red Bull and Ferrari?...yeah yeah it started to dry out and Kimmi bursted every laptime but with 7 laps to go and being 35 seconds behind it only proves WE ARE SCREWD IN EVERY COLD RACE...and this is FERRARI not Minardi...for what is worth now.

...Silver ferraris have they´re own issues but ours is waaaay worst...

And how Massa is more stable than Kimmi on a soaking wet race?...Wasnt he the worst ever?

...And why would Kimmi be affraid of using the "wet setup" waiting for dry conditions?...wasnt he the next Rainmaster?

...damn Kimmi is doing all that crap just to be so way back he cant help Massa...

23. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    One thing's for sure, you don't become a 7-time world champion by not caring. :(

Maybe Hamilton's smug, arrogant comments about Kimi not having the "balls" to be at the top will help motivate Kimi to show him something, assuming it doesn't RAIN again. Apparently Hamilton/McLaren is the boss of wet tracks this year, God knows Massa isn't going to take Hamilton in the wet in this year's Ferrari.

24. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    That goes both ways you know. You just can't make up some fact about Massa and Kimi being unable to develop cars, then pull the connections card when someone calls you out on your statements, hailing from your rear end.

25. anguruso

anguruso Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2007
    Hong Kong/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Angus Cheng
    Are F1 teams allowed to test their cars on their own private tracks without adding to the testing cap? I remember Michael did a few tests during the pre-season, but since then has he?