"Raikkonen says he should be on top" | Page 4 | FerrariChat

"Raikkonen says he should be on top"

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by 62 250 GTO, Apr 18, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That's definitely true.

However: Alonso is from Catalunya (which is part of Spain, but they see themselves primarily as Cataluns, not Spaniards) and the track is in Catalunya. Which is also why you see a lot of their flags (light blue with the white flower). So I'm not sure all of Spain stands behind Alonso.

But what to me is more surprising is the lack of support for Alonso in the rest of Europe. Even the British media, which seem not to be able to forget WWII and their dislike of all things German, have eventually started to embrace Schumacher. And it seems now they skipped right to Hamilton and thereby completely ignoring Alonso.

2. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Because the Brits haven't had a WC since Damon Hill....Hamilton is the new Golden Boy, just as DC so proudly claimed he could fix McLaren in 95.

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I understand why the Brits go gaga over Hamilton (one of their own). I less understand how they kept rooting for Schumacher in the past 2 years.

4. becker

becker Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2001
    Arlington VA
    Full Name:
    Becker Cuéllar
    Ciao Andreas

Alonso is Ovidense from the Asturias region ( actually its capital) The Catalunya region has Barcelona as capital

I think Julio can say more about this I just drove a few times across spain and have friends overthere and picked up a bit on the regions stuff .

Becker

5. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Your credit him with 5, the FIA credits him with his 7 and he *could* have won a dozen. This line of reasoning could really disrupt the record books!