RAGBRAI | FerrariChat

RAGBRAI

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by drbob101, May 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    Has anyone here done this?

I am thinking about it for next year. I registered a group "Forza" and giving it some thought. Have one daughter interested so far.

2. Daryl

Daryl Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Barrington Hills, IL
    Full Name:
    Daryl Adams
    I have a couple of high school buddies who do it every year. It's a long haul, and can be brutal if the weather is very hot and humid, but the town folk who turn out and host along the way can make it a fun event. My wife refuses to do it unless we assemble a "team" with a support RV to provide decent sleeping conditions each night. Depending on where they end the route to dip your tires in the Mississippi you might have time to stop and see the boys (and Danielle) at "American Pickers".

3. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    Early thinking here for next year, not this year. I was just reading and looking at some of the charter/assist options. I don't mind a tent if they do the hauling , etc.

4. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Hope you like to drink and eat. Most only ride a single leg. Went to school in Iowa and this is a pilgrimage for most.

5. mom4791

mom4791 Karting

Nov 5, 2007
    Des Moines, IA
    I did three days last year and really enjoyed it. We ended up starting a team this year and purchased a support bus. If you are looking for a fun and social bike tour then RAGBRAI is perfect.