430 - Radio Install - What am I missing? | FerrariChat

430 Radio Install - What am I missing?

Discussion in '360/430' started by VAF84, Nov 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Hey guys, I’m a bit stuck at the moment. Two years ago I got some help from my dad to install the radio. Since we had issues with the Bluetooth and weren’t sure whether to keep the single din unit, the install was never completed (the radio was connected, but able to slide it in and out of the opening).

Now that the car is traveling with me, I’ve had time to get everything in working order and ready to finish the job myself. However, I don’t see where the bracket is supposed to hold itself to the car opening. Is there a part that I may be missing? Can anyone help me figure out this last piece of the puzzle? Pics below. Thanks!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    All those weird cutouts in that bracket are actually meant to be bent outward. There are several of them to account for varying thicknesses of what it's mounted to. Just take your fingers or thumb and bend as many as you can, toward the outside, until they grab the plastic. Do this all the way around. This is how its held into place.

whatheheck and VAF84 like this.
  3. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

That was it! Very much appreciated, now all is back in order. Too bad the couple of days without a tender killed the battery. My next task is lined up for me.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login