Racing chair options? | FerrariChat

Racing chair options?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by HotShoe, May 31, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    I'm to the point where I want to find the right rig for driving sims or just build my own.

I'm interested to hear some first hand reviews about options. I'm leaning towards fanatec pedals/wheel but I've yet to find a clean, well-done seat rig. I'd like to stay around 1 k for the chair alone. I'm half tempted to get the playseat f1 rig and paint it in Ferrari livery but I doesn't look like it is comfortable for extended sessions.

2. st4rk

st4rk Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 7, 2011
    I have a playseat and the fanatec wheel they designed for Forza 4. The playseat is very comfortable. I don't remember my exact model but it has al cantara fabric, and I bought the mount for the stick shift (the mount that comes with the fanatec wheel is laughably useless).

It is 10x more fun than with a controller. Can't say my lap times improved :\

3. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    #3 Str8shooter, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I had a wheel for the original xbox and played it from my lap. Then I got a Logitech for my PC and clamped it to the desk. I resisted buying another wheel when the xbox 360 came out but I finally caved with Forza 3 and the fact MS was discontinuing their wheel. I wanted more of a driving rig so I looked around the internet and got myself inspired.

I already had a reclining chair so I decided to make a stand for the wheel. Went down to Home Depot and bought a 4' x 8 ' sheet and cut it up to make the rig below. I found the seat cover at pep boys and added paint and carbon looking trim to the stand to go with it. It is real sturdy which made it a bit heavy. I put furniture sliders on the bottom and it is easy to pull around the carpet when I'm ready to drive.

The final touch was adding the butt Kicker underneath the chair. I agree it really is 10X more fun than a controller. Store bought or homemade, I highly recommend a driving rig as it will greatly enhance your experience.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    I've got a vrx imotion setup, it uses a sparco seat, fanatec pedals and logitech g27 wheel. The fanatec pedals are awesome, they're fully adjustable.