R.I.P. Hammerin' Hank! | FerrariChat

R.I.P. Hammerin' Hank!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Gatorrari, Jan 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    It's been a rough month for Atlanta Braves fans. Less than a month ago, they lost Phil Niekro, and now the great Henry Aaron has left at age 86. For those who discount records assisted by PEDs, he still holds the career home run record. Since I've been in this town, he has impressed me as a nice guy and a pillar of the community, and he will definitely be missed. It would not surprise me if the Braves players wear a small number "44" on their uniforms this year.

Texas Forever likes this.
  2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    First trip the wife and I ever took was to Dauphin Island.
    We trekked to Mobile - his home town - to see a AA game @ Hank Aaron Stadium.

As I said in the MLB thread, my dad said he was the best hitter he ever saw.

How he handled the chase for Ruth's 714 with class and dignity added further to his legend.
    We watched that game live, when he connected off Al Downing, there was pandemonium in our house, even though my dad claimed until the end that Downing grooved him a BP fastball!

RIP to one of the all-time greats, both as a player and as a man...T

Texas Forever likes this.