Quite the Price | FerrariChat

Quite the Price

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Schumi, Aug 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
  2. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    This car is in overall nice conditions, but as you say impressive price. Not sure about the side mirror though: it seems bit high on the door, it's quite minor, but one could expect a perfect car for that price. It's nice to see a stock 365 dashboard in such nice conditions though...

3. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day All,

I am just adding documentation. Can anyone confirm the Chassis Number? According to the Raab Serial number reference of the last 365 GT4 2+2 was chassis number 19709, Dealer Campagnano in Italy.

As for the side mirror that raemin pointed out... This does look odd and the period pictures I have of the 365 Gt4 2+2 show a small rounded chrome mirror or no mirror at all. This side mirror looks newer than 1976 and I am thinking it was added later to provide better rear side visibility.

Cheers,

Sam

1976 365 GT4 2+2
    Color: Silver Exterior with Black Interior
    Mileage: 54828 km / 32896 Miles
    Chassis: Possibly 19709 (?)
    Asking: $ 143845 USD / 130000 Euro

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Il Tifoso likes this.
  4. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    I am not used on dismissing other's auctions, but: chips on the wrinkle paint, scratched oil filter, old oil hoses, badly aligned front spolier, orange paint peeling in the front turnlight... Not even sure that the oil filters are of the proper type. That's no big deal, but definitively not what I would expect for a car that is more than 100k€.

5. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    When you get to this price level the car has got to be close to perfect.

6. jippiejake

jippiejake Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
    These car brokers list the the cars high and they sit until someone gets interested and then the negotiations begins. Or maybe someone just pays the asking price too. I'm sure that happens too. I sure hope they get the price.

7. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    Experienced a "similar" situation a few years back, a famous French classic auto dealer was displaying a nice blue 400i, but dismayed so many offers that the cars remained in the showroom for two years. When a fellow club member asked us to check the car with him, there were tons of oil in the coolant... Obviously the car had not been run and serviced for ages, and it was finally sold for less than 20k. In the end Atelier-Automobile, quickly identified that the seals of the oil risers were dry, so the buyer made quite a good deal at the expense of the dealer.

Keeping such a car in a showroom with the hope of a profit is not a good idea: these cars want to be on the road and -properly- serviced. These oil filters would really puzzle me as a buyer: what's the point in saving $10 on such a commodity? I would expect a complete service will all the checkboxes marked down to "add a few drop of oil in the horn pump".

Beautiful car though...

8. ricar116

ricar116 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    Bolivar, Missouri
    Full Name:
    Rick Carr
    So I sold my 365 last March. Worked on the car for 15 years in the pursuit of perfection. Body panel fit every detail I thought that the car would have been delivered as. So I recently jumped back in the game and bought an unmolested 1 owner 12000 mile/1900km 1983 400i. I was definitely too hard on myself and the 365. There are many "factory variations" that I have recognized on the 400i that I would have not deemed acceptable on the 365. Don't get me wrong they came nice, but not perfect.