Quick Jack Lift | FerrariChat

Quick Jack Lift

Discussion in '360/430' started by whatheheck, May 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    A member here cpep/Charlie provided an excellent suggestion on lifting our cars.
    He uses Quick Jack. I found a video on YouTube.

Im thinking of getting a set.
    Just wondering if anyone else here uses Quick Jack and how does it work for you?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

TestShoot likes this.
  2. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    I can't help with an actual review but I have been looking at getting one of these for a while.

I know some members say the 3500 is all you need but if I'm going to spend this kind of money, I want to be able to use it with my other cars as well (ie. my Cayenne) so I'd probably be looking at one of their higher weight capacity models.

I wonder if Quickjack would do a group buy if we got a few people in on this.

3. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I have the same thoughts and thinking about getting the 5000 model (5,000 lb) capacity).
    If we have enough interest I can reach out to Quick Jack and see if they are willing to do a group buy or special deal for us.

Dan

TestShoot likes this.
  4. sakodik

sakodik Karting

Jun 2, 2016
    Santa Clara
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I have the 5000 I bought on Amazon. It works but I have been dealing with loss of air and leaking oil at the elbow. Their customer service has been quick to respond and send out replacement parts, I just haven't had time to install said parts. Its been 6 months lol. I have lifted vehicles as light as Ferrari and heavy as Tahoe/Escalade. I think it could do it, but I haven't tried on my H1, it weighs in at 9800lb. Probably won't test it...

The issue for me was lining up the 2 blocks on both side with the jack points. Lots of pressing up, readjust, lower, raise, repeat, for both side. It helped the second time as I had 3 people. Once you get to know the lift and your car, it should be a breeze.

whatheheck likes this.
  5. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    I have been considering the 5000sl model as well.

Dale

whatheheck likes this.
  6. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    I use the blocks with hockey pucks on top. Makes it easier to line up.

whatheheck likes this.
  7. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    Wow, I had no idea a H1 weighs nearly 10K lbs, that's crazy!

In any case, here's a video that Quickjack made to test their weight capacity on the 5000 unit. They loaded it up to 20.5K lbs and was able to lift and drop it back down; so, even though it's not advisable to exceed the manufacturer's claimed weight capacity of the unit, the 5000 unit is more than capable of lifting over 5000lbs.

whatheheck likes this.
  8. sakodik

sakodik Karting

Jun 2, 2016
    Santa Clara
    Full Name:
    Dan
    The curb weight is about 8200, I have a lot of equipment on board for roadside assist and off-road.

I wonder how many times they did the 20k test. It can do it, but how rapidly will it wear and tear the parts.

whatheheck likes this.
  9. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    There’s lot of discussion on Pelican Parts and then thread disappears when it turns negative.

Problem could be a larger size won’t fit as well when it does it’s swinging motion.

I bought a mid-lift and it doesn’t fulfill the niche these lightweight gizmos do. FWIW

whatheheck likes this.
  10. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
  11. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I just put a Bendpak 4 post in the garage and added the bridge jack. Problem solved.

whatheheck likes this.
  12. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
  13. recoil

recoil Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2007
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Interested.

whatheheck likes this.
  14. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Thanks everyone for chiming in.

I'm still interested in getting a set.

I will reach out to the manufacturer soon and see if they are willing to give us a good discount.

If not I will find a reseller that offers the best price.

Dan

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

15. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    For me the quickjack was the best solution. I can't fit a lift in my garage and you get decent height out of it. I don't even pick them up (they are pretty heavy to keep moving around). I just push them together when I'm done with them and leave them on the floor under the car. I will admit you cant use the Teflon tape they give you for assembly or it will leak. Just get a good pipe sealant and your good. It runs on trans fluid so it needs a good sealant. It's also made by bendpak which is one of the most popular lift companies at this time. Trust me I searched a long time to try to find a way to lift the car and actually be able to work on it safely .This for me was a no brainer . In case your wondering after the long winded speech I have nothing to do with the company I am just a consumer of the product.

whatheheck likes this.
  16. Bruce

Bruce Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2004
    I'd be interested as well. Probably more interested in one of the bigger units as well. Besides the Ferrari, I have a Land Rover that I'd want to be able to life as well.
    Bruce

whatheheck likes this.
  17. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Harbor Freight had them online. Best deal is usually just free shipping when you can find it.

This other one isn’t like to like comparison; but I like it. :)

18. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Great info.,

Thanks for sharing Charlie.

Dan

cpep likes this.
  19. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I have a set of race ramps and access to lifts when I need them, but I'd be interested. I have not bought anything yet today!

whatheheck likes this.
  20. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I have the Quickjack. Have used it on 360, 308, 911, FRS, Tiguan. Provides enough space to get under car on a creeper and work. The biggest issue I have found is removal of the undertray. It does not allow removal when lifted, so becomes a segmented exercise in lifting and removing screws, lowering to remove tray, and then re-lifting. Not a huge deal, and still only takes 15 minutes to remove or install tray.

Dan, if you are out driving tomorrow (Sun) you are welcome to stop by and see it. Currently 308 is lifted with wheels off.

whatheheck likes this.
  21. HJZ360

HJZ360 Karting

Nov 27, 2017
    Weslaco, Texas
    Full Name:
    Harold John Zurlo
    I have the 5000, works great, no issues!

Attached Files:

whatheheck likes this.
  22. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Thanks for the offer. I think I will take you up on that.

I'm giving a 16 year old kid a ride tomorrow, Sunday at 10 AM but I should be free after that and I actually plan on going for a nice long drive tomorrow.

You're in Lake Stevens?
    I can be at your place between noon and 1pm tomorrow, Sunday. Will that work for you?

Kindly email me your home address. Thanks!

Dan Loyola
    [email protected]
    425-931-1411

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

23. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    Is this the standard or extended length model?

24. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Update:

I stopped by member jcurry's home yesterday and saw the quick Jack lift. Now I know I definitely want one.

I've reached out to the manufacturer this morning to see if they are willing to give us a group buy price or special discount.

Let me know how many are interested in getting a set.

Will update again once I get a reply back from the manufacturer.

Dan

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

25. recoil

recoil Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2007
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'm in Dan.

Steve