Question on Mondial major service requirements | FerrariChat

Question on Mondial major service requirements

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by nathandarby67, Sep 12, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Hey guys. I am considering purchasing a Mondial 3.2 here locally with approx. 30,000 miles on it that will require a major service if and when I buy the car. (Last belt and tensioner bearing change was in 1998) My question is this: What all is scheduled to be included in this service other than belts and tensioner bearings? When is the first recommended valve clearance check and adjustment? What about the water pump?

For those that have had this service done recently, how much did it set you back?

2. gerard.hansen

gerard.hansen Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2004
    Hattiesburg/Petal MS
    Full Name:
    Gerard D. Hansen
    First valve adjustment is @ 15,000mi and every 15,000 thereafter, first cam belt replacement is @ 52,500 Replace air filter, fuel filter trans oil and plugs @ 30,000 mi. PM me with your E-mail and I can send you the manual.

3. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    If the belts were last changed in 98 I'd would be very careful about runing the car. Most people change every two to three years and on a QV its not a difficult job for the home mechanic and not expensive on parts either. Dont know about in US but in UK belts and tensioners cost about $200 the set.
    My car (an 82 QV) gets this done every two years and an annual service and the majors as set by the factory. Done 68,000 miles so far and no drama's
    Good luck!