Quattroruote 1/24 diecast model collection | Page 13 | FerrariChat

Quattroruote 1/24 diecast model collection

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by F1tommy, Jul 5, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    gt4me likes this.
  2. scudetto1959

scudetto1959 Karting

May 4, 2012
    # 30 of hachettes’ WRC Collection: the long-awaited FIAT 124 Abarth spider, winner of the 1974 Portugal Rally, driven by Raffaele Pinto to his only win on World championship level. A modified version of this car won the same rally again in the following year with Markku Alén – these 2 wins were the only top results of this car.

I ordered myself 2 models (the 2nd will be modified into the ’75 version with additional light pods on the hood, additional ducts and flares which let it look even more aggressive)

The model earns at least 9 out of 10 pts – it would have made 10/10, but unfortunately IXO goofed with the color: the yellow should have a slightly greenish tint (which looks different in all the pics, so this won’t be a big deal), but: the whole car was painted in a matt (and not gloss) red! So I will have to mask carefully my model and then overspray with some clear mat.

Anyway, this should not turn you off – if you like ‘70s rally cars, this is as good as it gets !

Fiat should have taken the manufacturers championship in 1974, but the first events were cancelled due to the oil crisis, and when the year went on, the Stratos arrived on the scene and Lancia took the laurels. For 1975, the company decided that Lancia should go for the world championship and Fiat for the European and Italian championships (this was finally achieved).

On to the pics:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

F1tommy likes this.
  3. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner

Looks nice. I also ordered two. I wonder if they will start the Lemans collection again. It had to be as popular as the rally and F1 collection so these collections starting give hope. I hope they do another Ferrari collection some day without Burago doing any of them.

4. kubakozal

kubakozal Karting

Mar 6, 2017
    Poland
    Oh, I have long list of Ferraris I'd love to have in 1/24...
    And I even wouldn't mind Bburago ;)

I didn't bought entire Le Grandi Ferrari collection, but I picked plenty of them to complete my collection.

5. scudetto1959

scudetto1959 Karting

May 4, 2012
    Yes - and a Lancia or Abarth collection would also be great (I hope the Fiat collection will also come to life - the test has been more than a year ago...)
    We would certainly need in 1/24 an Aurelia B20 Coupé, a Flaminia and Flavia Coupé and Spider, a Fiat Dino Spider and Coupé, Fiat 8 V, a 2300 Coupé etc. etc...

F1tommy likes this.
  6. scudetto1959

scudetto1959 Karting

May 4, 2012
    ... and of course, some Zagato versions, too...

F1tommy likes this.
  7. rei24

rei24 Karting

Apr 12, 2009
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Klaus
    Isn't it amazing how Formula 1 cars have developed since 2007?
    Well, I don't really like these oversized cars, but they are Ferrari.

Rosey likes this.
  8. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    I have mine on order. Yes the new cartoon F1 cars are very strange looking and that Halo is a joke. Have they noticed FIA bike racing? No protection!! Current F1 is not very pretty, just like the LMP Lemans cars are downright ugly. But that seems to be changing now for the better. We will see..... Was that done by Burago?

The FW11 and M23 along with the BT46 and 312T are the ones I really want along with all the vintage cars. The P34 was also nice.

9. rei24

rei24 Karting

Apr 12, 2009
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Klaus
    No, not Burago. Made in Bangladesh.

F1tommy likes this.
  10. humberto rosario

humberto rosario Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2010
    macau, china
    Full Name:
    humberto rosario
  11. rei24

rei24 Karting

Apr 12, 2009
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Klaus
    Sorry, bought it in ebay myself. Don´t think there is another way.

humberto rosario likes this.
  12. scudetto1959

scudetto1959 Karting

May 4, 2012
    Hello Umberto,

this is the problem with all the Italian-issued-only models: you have to live in Italy to order these models directly. (The same for French or Spanish series...)
    My rally cars from the hachette WRC collection are all bought from Italian ebayers (Maybe some of them will appear in the not-too-distant future in European modelcar onlineshops as it had been in the past, but who knows?)

humberto rosario likes this.
  13. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  14. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #316 F1tommy, Apr 16, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    Also photos of the next 2 1/24th F1 models. Great news as we don't have alot of these cars in 1/24th scale. I don't collect 1/20th scale and find it an annoying scale.

What do you all think of the quality of the SF90?? I think it is the worst model I have seen released by Hachette made in Bangladesh

[​IMG]

15. scudetto1959

scudetto1959 Karting

May 4, 2012
    #31 in hachettes WRC series: the 1984 San Remo rally winning Peugeot 205 turbo from Ari Vatanen – after several DNFs in previous events, if finally all came together in Finland and then again in Italy/October 1984: the Peugeots first 2 overall wins – Ari won another 3 championship events in this car in the following year and was in mid-1985 on the way to his 2nd world championship, when he suffered a terrible high-speed accident in Argentina, that almost cost him his life, ended more or less his WRC career and brought the 1985 title to Timo Salonen.

On to the model: Looking less spectacular than its successor, the EVO 2, it has all the right details and even a better looking engine compartment (accentuated in different metal grey and silver colors). The color livery is also slightly different from 1985, and I thought that the lower front grill is missing (compared to Tamiya’s 1985 Monte Carlo kit), but this is correct for San Remo 1984 – another highly recommended classic rally car, especially for all Group B fans !

Here are the pics:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

with its successor, the EVO 2:

16. scudetto1959

scudetto1959 Karting

May 4, 2012
    Together with #31 i received #32 in the 1/24 WRC series: the Lancia Delta HF integrale of Didier Auriol, winner of the Monte Carlo rally 1992, who won unbelievable 6 events that year (1 more than the first 2 in the championship together), but reached only 3rd place – mainly because Lancia didn’t participate in all rallies in 1992 – entering all events was not mandatory back then, and Lancia picked their favourite events out, mainly because this was their last works competition year, and they souped up the HF integrale (sometimes called “Superdelta” or “Deltona”) once more: the flares became 3 inches wider and the wheels even bigger: 17 inch instead of the previous 16” diameters were used. Auriol should get his revenge in 1994 when he won the world championship with Toyota…

The model is done very well, has all the right details, but the body has the same width as its predecessor, and the wheels even have the same diameter - but you won’t be able to notice that: Ixo just took the 1989 HF body, added a roof spoiler, some different details, a new front mask with different headlights and the whole new – usual white Martini livery – and voilà: a very nice rendition of Lancia’s very last works rally car – highly recommended – for me the ultimate Group A car!

On to the pics:

17. scudetto1959

scudetto1959 Karting

May 4, 2012
  18. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  19. scudetto1959

scudetto1959 Karting

May 4, 2012
    Latest addition to my 1/24 WRC Collection of (selected) classic rally cars: Toyota Celica Twin Cam Turbo, winner of the 1984 Safari rally, driven by Björn Waldegaard (#34)

This put Toyota really on the map: though only RWD with a live axle, it was a very sturdy, reliable construction, its 370 HP were good for top speeds of more than 150 mph on the rough terrains of African roads: it won the Safari rally (Kenya) and also the Ivory Coast rally 3 years in a row (1984 – 1986) against the sophisticated Group B competition which could not stand those high-speed bumps, potholes, muddy passages and river crossings and fell by the wayside.

Though it stood no chances in European events, it was the undisputed king of Africa.

The model is very well executed, only missing the Marlboro logos which should be on the starting numbers (Marlboro was a sponsor of the event in those days) – I have seen pictures of this car with other wheels or a mixture of them and also some with 2 and 4 additional auxiliary headlights – all is correct, and the powerful, brutal look of the original has been captured very well! - Highly recommended!

On to the pics:

Boomhauer likes this.
  20. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    rei24 likes this.
  21. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    The Hachette (Centauria) F1 car series in 1/24th are really getting detailed. The SF90 when I first got it was not my favorite mainly due to the dull paint, but after looking at it I think it is pretty accurate. They are better than the Revell kits ever were and I think are better than alot of resin curbside makers kits(in 1/24th and 1/20th scales). You can turn them into very nice models with a little added detail and sponsor decals. Here to prove my point is the 1978 Sweden BT46 fancar. Rivet detail and all. Some work would make it a top quality model.

Automodellando.it - The portal of static self-modeling - Formula One scale 1/24

rei24 and Rosey like this.
  22. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner