Quattroporte V buyer's guide? | FerrariChat

Quattroporte V buyer's guide?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by bjwhite, Jun 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I've done some searches here, but haven't come up with anything. Anyone know of a good buyer's guide or common problem list for the QP5? I'm considering one....a last year DuoSelect (yes I've driven one before, back when they were new).

Any suggestions or information is welcome.
    Thanks
    Brian

2. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    I recommend the sportsmaserati forum in the UK, or the ************ forum in the USA for information about the QPV.

3. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    ... and, of course, the "******** forum" is simply censoring from this forum, but you can google Maserati and life, and find your way there :)

4. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Thanks. Why one forum feels the need to censor the name of another forum is amazing to me. haha.

Appreciate the suggestion.

5. CETH

CETH Karting

Nov 3, 2015
    Poland/France
    Dear Brian, Bought the last year of duo select (sport gt) in '09 and still have it after 11 years and have done some 60,000 kms. My personal experience re "problem list" (you can guess I'm a big fan of it as I've kept it....): Clutch is obviously a common "problem". Mine needed replacement after 50,000 kms. Otherwise, I've only changed the battery and the tyre pressure monitor senders (battery runs out) after 8 years. Otherwise, zero problems!!! Good luck finding a nice one - should not be a problem as long as it has been properly serviced and maintained.

Nembo1777 likes this.