Qualifying Valencia - Europe ***Spoiler*** | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Qualifying Valencia - Europe ***Spoiler***

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by kraftwerk, Aug 23, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    wow, 5 tenths of second is the difference between first and fourth place!

2. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Kimi is always slower than Massa now. So much for Massa not being good on tracks he dosnt know. Massa is getting better every race. This guy will soon be given the #1 status a Ferrari.

3. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Just for the record, Speed is just now beginning Q3...that's just ridiculous.

4. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes I agree...;)

5. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    Crazy quali! Good job for Ferrari! Will be interesting to see how much fuel Kimi has on board.

Should be a wild race tomorrow!

6. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    YessSS!! Masssssa!! Good job :)

I'm a bit disappointed by Kimi though. What's wrong with him? Too much vodka? Oh well...I guess that 4th isn't too bad considered how things were looking in Q1 & Q2.

I think it's worth noting that Massa will be starting on the dirty side, Hamilton on the clean side, Heidfield on the dirty one and Raikkonen on the clean one. We'll see how it goes.

Forza Ferrari.

7. Modeler

Modeler F1 Veteran

May 19, 2008
    State of confusion
    Full Name:
    a.n.other
    He needs some racing luck.
    Like Kimi had last race.

8. mir88i

mir88i Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2006
    Philippines
    How's that possible? Anyway, the first corner will be pretty scary. I hope it'll be clean. Go Massa! Forza Ferrari!

9. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    #59 jknight, Aug 23, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
    Glad to see Massa get yet another pole position - I've been behind him from the get-go! Caught a glimpse of the "house" for Alinghi - brought back memories of another great America's Cup race.

Congratulations to Massa on his FOURTH pole of the season.

Carol

10. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #60 355, Aug 23, 2008
    It will be a good start to watch. Teddy bear will be wearing depends again this race. :)

11. rodolfo

rodolfo Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2007
    Mexico
    Forza Felipinho!

12. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Massa got pole? What was it Varsha said, Massa and Schumacher are soooo close? I am shocked.

13. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Provisional European Grand Prix grid

1. MASSA Ferrari
    2. HAMILTON McLaren
    3. KUBICA BM
    4. RAIKKONEN Ferrari
    5. KOVALAINEN McLaren
    6. VETTEL Toro Rosso
    7. TRULLI Toyota
    8. HEIDFELD BMW
    9. ROSBERG Williams
    10. BOURDAIS Toro Rosso
    11. NAKAJIMA Williams
    12. ALONSO Renault
    13. GLOCK Toyota
    14. WEBBER Red Bull
    15. PIQUET Renault
    16. BUTTON Honda
    17. COULTHARD Red Bull
    18. FISICHELLA Force India
    19. BARRICHELLO Honda
    20. SUTIL Force India

14. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I would love to see Kubica at Ferrari with Massa. This kid loves to race and keeps his mouth shut.

15. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    I am bummed about Alonso. I am beginning to cheer for him.

First, because anyone that pisses on Ron Dennis is OK, and second, if he does well at Renault, he will stay at Renualt. With Honda's performance this weekend, I do not think Alonso will be giving up paellas and brie for sushi.

16. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Dont worry it will be Ferrari, his past driving skill has been proven.

I would like to see at Honda though.

17. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

#67 DF1, Aug 23, 2008
    Well done Felipe. He is 8-4 on Kimi now in qualifying. Be nice to see Kimi get 2nd.
    Felipe has really come into his own this year.

LEWIS: MASSA WILL BE HARD TO BEAT
    Saturday 23rd August 2008

Lewis Hamilton faces an uphill struggle to win the European GP as he takes on a man desperate to erase the heartache he suffered in his last race.

Current Championship leader Hamilton starts from second on the grid at the impressive Valencia street circuit behind a fired-up Felipe Massa, on pole for the 13th time in his career.

The Brazilian, eight points adrift of Hamilton in the standings, is still smarting after victory was snatched from his grasp in a cruel fashion three weeks ago in Hungary.

Massa would have taken over at the top but for his Ferrari engine blowing three laps from home when he was coasting to the win.

The 27-year-old has had to carry that pain through the summer break and is now eager to atone and take the chequered flag in Valencia, making its debut on the Formula One calendar.

With a determined Massa ahead of him, Hamilton knows he will have his hands full.

"It will be a close fight again with Ferrari, but as you saw in sector one (on the track), Felipe destroyed everyone," remarked Hamilton.

"They're going to be the car to beat, but we're going to push as hard as we can to do so.

"We've done a great job so far. Our approach has been as good as ever. We've come here with a strong package, and at least we're close to the Ferraris.

"I'm quite happy with the job we've done today, and being on the front row puts us in a good position to fight for a win, so I'm very, very happy.

"It's just important we get a good start. I'll aim to challenge Felipe, but if I don't get close enough then I will just try to keep my position."

18. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I'm certain somebody will find something negative to say about Hamilton in regards to this article. Anything he says usually draws angry criticism.

19. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Did anyone notice Schumacher having a bit of fun with Massa? He tapped him on the helmet while he sat in his car in the pitbox. :)

20. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

They shouldnt at all. LH was quite complimentary to Felipe in the press conference. Should be a great race.

21. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    You really need to cut it out with that, this concerns Ted and myself.

Anyways, should be an interesting race.

22. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    ITV came up with an interesting 'twist'...

Apperently, because it was around 15c colder today than yesterday, Ferrari put more fuel in massa's car, which weight the car down more so more heat could get into the tires...generating more grip so he could grab pole AND stay out longer. possible? havent heard of something like this happening. We know the Ferrari likes hotter races over longer distances....maybe the tires this way could get up to optimum temperature?

anyways, interesting theory!

23. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    nice to see a ferrari on pole but sigh at kimi's qualifying performance again. I only hope he's running a lot heavier than the massa or hamster. This is really getting frustrating to see kimi setting the fastest lap of every race when he's running down in 3rd or 4th.

24. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #74 355, Aug 23, 2008
    I have a little wager with him as well. I know your afraid that he wont pay up if some ruffle his feathers. You do not have exclusive rights on the subject. Besides Im having fun....something many in here forget. Im going to by a nice bottle of Amarone with the $100 I win.

25. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Yeah well it often gets quite personal between you two, and it seems like you're the instigator most of the time. I'd also say my bet is just pinch more important than yours, :)

Cheers!