Qualifying Budapest - Hungary ***Spoiler*** | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Qualifying Budapest - Hungary ***Spoiler***

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by kraftwerk, Aug 2, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    You will be waiting a long time Andreas....aint happening.

2. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    How many races last year weren't won from pole? How many this year? F1 is the problem, not Massa. And he did the most on track passes for position last year so what's that about having trouble in traffic? As far as i can see he's still our best bet for the WDC this year, unless Kimi really steps up his qualifying performance. In fact if the situation stays this way with Massa outperforming Kimi I think within a few races Ferrari should place all bets on Massa and make him the #1 driver in the Scuderia. McLaren is doing the same with Lewis and right they are.

3. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    #128 DGS, Aug 2, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
    That was the point when the interviewer asked about the "superiority of the McLaren" -- and Massa (who beat the McLunks by 0.4s in Q2) was expressing an opinion on the question. ;)

This looks to be a tough course on tires. Perhaps the options are going to be too soft for the temperatures. That could get interesting, as Hami is known for being hard on tires, and Massa looks to be setup with quite a bit of understeer.

Lewis wasn't much off his Q2 time in Q3, but I'm guessing they might have been trying to hide their pit strategy, so weren't at 105% in Q2.

Last year, there was a mix of two and three stop strategies. If the options are going to shred in the heat, I'd expect to see more three stop players.

But this also hasn't been one of the better tracks for Ferrari (except for years when they were beating everything).

This is the kind of race you watch to see what happens, without preconceived expectations.

4. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Last year: 6 out of 17. (Seven, if you don't count Lewis' pole after Alonso's penalty.)

This year: 6 out of 10 so far weren't won from pole.

5. theq

theq Karting

May 7, 2008
    continuim
    Full Name:
    Joel
    1.Massa
    2.Hamilton
    3Kimi

6. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    It was in reply to "Massa wasn't happy" I thought he was, and was making fun of Lewis.
    This is the kind of race you watch with fingers crossed hoping Lewis makes a mistake..;)

7. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    I appreciate the info, thanks. Actually, this is good news.

8. gsjohnson

gsjohnson Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    GS Johnson
    +3

Low talent driver who was in the right place at the right time.

9. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Common Massa!