PWC - Sea Doo or Yamaha? | FerrariChat

PWC - Sea Doo or Yamaha?

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by ronfrohock, Feb 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I'll looking at PWC's. Which brand is better.
    Any thoughts?
    I'm looking at buying the Sead Doo GTR 215.
    2016 New without trailer. $10,500.00. Seems like a good price and it also comes with a three year warentee.
    Does anyone have one of these?

2. pingi3

pingi3 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2009
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Quack
    I have a GTI 135 for the kids and the RXT-X 300 for me. I would say get the 300 if you can. The extra money is well worth it. I like the reverse on the Sea Doos better than the Yamahas.

3. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I just watched a video on your machine. Looks like an insane amount of power. Good for you.
    I'm looking at balancing price and value and I don't need to be the fastest guy on the lake.

Thanks

4. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    I have always owned Yamahas. Have an FZR and FZS right now. They come salt water ready, if that matters to you. Have owned Yamahas in the past and also have a Yamaha jet boat now. No issues with any of them. I run them in the Gulf of Mexico.

5. Jorligan

Jorligan Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 23, 2007
    Dexter, MI
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Only owned Yamaha waverunners. Still have 2 from 2000 and running strong. My GTR still pulls 70 mph. Bought another fuel injected last year as my boys are growing. Family has purchased Ski Doos in the past, lots of engine issues but that was over 5 years ago