Purchased amazing FF at Penske-Wynn today | FerrariChat

Purchased amazing FF at Penske-Wynn today

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by colamclean, Oct 6, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. colamclean

colamclean Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2013
    McLean, VA
    Full Name:
    Patrick Transue
    My wife and I purchased the amazing 2012 FF in Rosso Maranello with alantcara interior and over-the-top carbon fiber today on our visit to this great city and the soon-to-be closing Penske-Wynn. We had absolutely no intention of buying a car on our trip and only visited the dealership because I had read on FerrariChat that the shop was closing and we had never visited it.

To cut to the chase... the folks there were absoutely amazing, from the welcome we received as current Ferrari owners doing the 'tour' to the expert input from the sales consultant, Mike Shiffman. Mike's knowledge of the FF and specifically this highly-optioned FF opened our eyes to how special the opportunity was. Mike worked with us on a win-win (no punn intended) deal and is absolutely the best pre-sale and post-sale car sales rep I have worked with in 30 years in the car hobby.

The big negative is that the car has to be shipped to our home in Virginia and its stablemate, our 2002 575m, so we have to wait a bit to enjoy it! Mike even set up all of the shipping arrangements through the trusted service they use.

My suggestion to all of you Vegas Fchatters, and out-of-state visitors, go visit Mike before the shop closes its doors next week. They are motivated to move their inventory and will work with you for a fair deal. Our thanks to Mike Shiffman for making this our best trip ever to Las Vegas!!!

daytona355 likes this.
  2. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

Congrats!! I believe that was my friend's FF that you bought. Very nice car indeed, he has great taste in his Ferraris, so you did well. Enjoy it.

3. Spdrcrj

Spdrcrj Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Congrats on the FF! I bought my Scud from Mike and had a fantastic experience as well.

4. colamclean

Nov 5, 2013
    McLean, VA
    Full Name:
    Patrick Transue
    Yes, it appears to have been extremely well cared for. Basically hard to tell it from showroom new. I was told it was owned by a regular/frequent customer (I guess your friend) and was confident enough in the appearance, Mike and the dealers reputation that we purchased without a PPI and without a test drive! Yikes. Can't wait until it is delivered to us in Virginia and I get to take it out. Hopefully no unpleasant surprizes!

5. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    No worries, I have seen his collection, the car was in great hands. ;)

6. colamclean

Nov 5, 2013
    McLean, VA
    Full Name:
    Patrick Transue
    Great! Thanks, the car (once it gets to the east coast) will remain in good hands ;-) I plan to keep it for years. It is absolutely fabulous.

7. fredhassen

fredhassen Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Full Name:
    Fred Hassen
    Nice!!!

Cars - 2013 Ferrari 458
    2011 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Rich in their service department is arguably the best Ferrari service manager in the US...I have literally sent my cars to him from out of state for service.

I don't expect a 'deal' using them. I expect and receive an honest experience where I don't feel like I have to watch my back and question what I am being told.

RyanFoH and vegasviper like this.
  9. Ken West

Ken West Rookie

Jan 5, 2019
    Fairfield, CT
    Full Name:
    Kenneth P West
    Nice collection of Ferrari. I, too, have a 575M (6 speed) and an FF. It is great having two front engine V-12's. Enjoy.

daytona355 likes this.
  10. colamclean

Nov 5, 2013
    McLean, VA
    Full Name:
    Patrick Transue
    Thanks Ken. It is hard to describe, but the two cars are so different, but both special in their own ways. The FF kicks it up a notch, faster, more comfortable/luxurious, but the 575M is more sporty (to me) and so much smaller and connected to the street.

11. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    I personally think the Penske-Wynn dealership should be shut down, too much temptation there. I fell "victim" to their ways myself, as I picked up a 360 Spider there several years ago, LOL.

Great place

12. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    They have been closed for a while now. I miss going there, I liked that dealership.