Prototype GTE warning from Ferrari | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Prototype GTE warning from Ferrari

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by william, Nov 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. It just gets worse and worse. Of the drivers I mentioned, not only Gurney but the rest, besides Jimmy and Bruce, are still with us.
    And yes, they all drove Fords. Dan and AJ beat ferrari at LM in '67 inm a Ford. He won Riverside 4 times in a....Ford "cup" car. His Can Am cars were powered by Ford. AJs Lotus and Coyotes were powered by Fords. Do I need to continue? When you have a blue oval on your suit, you drive for Ford.

You've caught me out on the Arrows thing. I haven't a clue regarding the connection....all I remember is Jordan, Benetton, Ferrari, and Mercedes. Clue me. I can admit when I'm wrong. ;)

2. You're absolutely right. I promise :)eek:) to try to digress. (key words, to try). It's too much fun tho'....'gonna be tough.:)

3. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
  4. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    Dan's getting a new Ford GT? Most excellent! I haven't talked to him since his CART team ceased operations at the end of 1999. I used to talk with him all the time at races dating back to the Eagle Weslake F1 days ... An all-time great racing driver, innovator, constructor, team owner, and raconteur. I really miss not visiting with him.

5. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
  6. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
  7. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
    Aston Martin Racing boss John Gaw said:
    *The next year the Ferrari 488 will be the oldest car on the GTE
    * GTE racing in the WEC is the place to be for many reasons, but the most interesting one is because he sees there being a chance for the GT classes to be the premier attraction in the series. GTE Pro class is now a FIA World Championship, it’s progressing fast. There will be more brands coming in the future too, because GTE will get more coverage due to the balance between it and LMP1 having changed recently. I know the FIA and ACO are working on even more ways to make the GTE championship more exciting.

He also feels that there’s a chance we will see GT and prototypes racing together going forward with the LMP1 grid.
    He said: “I’d love to see in the future LMP regulations in 2020 allow a GTP car to compete at the front using the hyper cars that are out there now. It wouldn’t be a massive shock to me. Aston, Ferrari, Mercedes, they all have hypercars. “Why couldn’t we go back to the days like 1998 and have GTP competing alongside LMP?”
    Gaw On AMR?s Future In the WEC & Its New Road Car Brand ? dailysportscar.com

8. Somebody help me. I'm not understanding GTP running with LMP. I remember LMP comin' after GTP..... :confused:

9. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
  10. Aaahhh yes. The "flying Dumbreck" year ('guess I should say Mercs, period...).

Thank you. I thought they were still GT1.

11. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
  12. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    Teams have come back from worse odds than that to win. 12 hours is a long time.

That said, it looks like Ford has figured out the reliability issues with that GT so they're going to be tough. Nice to see Corvette qualifying as high as they did.

13. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Probably a miss on setup. Sounds like the track was crazy fast. Every class was breaking track records.

14. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
    I suppose the new Continental softer ones make their game and surely the extra power of the DPI also.
    In the case of GTLM last year I remember that talked there was some sandbags in the cars. (The Le Mans game that Ford did so well)

15. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'm always suspicious of BoP.

16. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Sounds like the track temp was much higher for qualifying than practice and caught them out. They have been running really well so far in the race..despite Fisichella being way too aggressive early on.

Sebring is on my list for next year.

17. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Why does Mazda continue to field prototypes. They never seem to have the power and reliability of everyone else. I would love to see them competitive...but they never are. What have they been getting out of this program?

18. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sebring is awesome. One of my favorites. T1 and 17 are exciting every lap, or you aren't doing them right ;)

19. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    The P and PC races have been pretty disappointing. GTLM and GTD should be very interesting in another hour.

20. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
    Podium for Risi!!! Fantastic!!!

21. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
  22. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name: