Project-Scuderia | Page 29 | FerrariChat

Project-Scuderia

Discussion in '360/430' started by RBM, Nov 7, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

you are talking about putting this de-tuned 3.8L turbo engine into a 360 engine bay?

2. RBM

RBM Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Full Name:
    RBM
    Well, I don't think it would fit in the frunk, so,... yes.

Stealthssfc, amenasce and Performify like this.
  3. RBM

RBM Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Full Name:
    RBM
    A cool thing about living on the Hamakua Coast of the Big Island is great scenery on twisty roads. This botanical garden is on the scenic loop North of Hilo. The road has fallen into disrepair since it is no longer the main artery around the island, but it has some great views.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Mel Spillman likes this.
  4. RBM

RBM Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Full Name:
    RBM
    armedferret likes this.
  5. RBM

RBM Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Full Name:
    RBM
    Top views of the car show how the optional carbon fiber panels tie into sections of the car. The CF decklid ties into the CF rear valence. The CF rockers tie the wheel wells together.

armedferret and duck.co.za like this.
  6. RBM

RBM Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Full Name:
    RBM
  7. RBM

RBM Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Full Name:
    RBM
    The Windward side of the Big Island is a legit tropical rain forest. You don't have to go far to find scenery straight out of Jurassic Park or Pandora, with impenetrable jungle and 200' tall trees.

Mel Spillman and armedferret like this.
  8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    looks awesome!

9. RBM

RBM Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Full Name:
    RBM
    With a big round of changes complete, it is a good time to benchmark the shipping weight of the car. After getting the fuel in the tank close to the standard, I pulled out the jack and the scales for a quick weigh-in. I set up the wireless scales by the numbers to match up with the right corners, and tared the scales. The Intercomp wireless controller does most of this automatically.

10. RBM

RBM Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Full Name:
    RBM
  11. RBM

RBM Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Full Name:
    RBM
    In its current trim, the car has the stock anti-roll bar drop links, which are non-adjustable, and I did not disconnect the drop links, so there's going to be some pre-load. I also lowered the car onto the scales with the jack, rather than drive on, which can add some side loading, so I don't expect the corner weights to be accurate. Which is OK, since I'm just going after the total weight this time.

Performify likes this.
  12. RBM

RBM Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Full Name:
    RBM
    The car weighed in at 2,937 pounds. 28 pounds of that is the full front skid plate. With an 1/8th tank of gas, there's an extra gallon tossed in there, so that's about 6 pounds more than shipping weight. The BBS FI wheels are light, but are shod with wider-than-stock Michelin Pilot Super Sports, which are each 1-2 pounds heavier than Pirelli Trofeos. With this latest round of 'lightness' modifications, the Scud can reach a shipping weight of 2,897 pounds. So, with the stock seats, air conditioning, and all the other street-ability features still in place, the car broke through the 2900 barrier.

singletrack, Performify and mwstewart like this.
  13. vr4henry

vr4henry Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Henry
    Can anyone point me in the direction of these CF brackets? I spent 20mins looking on eBay/etc and can’t find a damn thing... what’s the right search term? Thanks!

14. RBM

RBM Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Full Name:
    RBM
    NürScud likes this.
  15. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
    Hello RBM and good fortune with your sale.
    Wanted to say that in a twisted sort of way I am glad you and your Scud are in Hawaii! If closer I would be listing two NSX's on BAT soon to move into your beauty....
    gorgeous job on it. Plus, it's gotta be one of the last 2009 M Y Scuds.

RBM likes this.
  16. RBM

RBM Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Full Name:
    RBM
    Thank you for your well wishes! As you can see here, there is fortune at the end of the rainbow....

alum04org likes this.
  17. RBM

RBM Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Full Name:
    RBM
    I think other thread watchers decided that your "dibs" expired.

18. RBM

RBM Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Full Name:
    RBM
    For those interested in any of the upgrades discussed in this thread, some parts may come up for sale. Because many parties interested in buying the car are unfamiliar with how to transport vehicles, I have decided to offer, as an option, free door-to-door enclosed shipping to any location in CONUS, in lieu of including most of the free mods/upgrades with the car, along with the OEM spares. I won't sell any parts until the car is sold, one way or the other. But in the meantime, I have started an interest list for the upgrades listed below. PM me with your desires. For planning purposes, assume the parts will be offered for 50% of MSRP, plus shipping. Some parts may be auctioned, depending on level of interest.

OEM Ferrari 16M forged 5-spoke wheels w/Pirelli P-Zero Rosso tires (Tires, TPMS, mount & balance included for free)
    OEM Ferrari 16M carbon fiber rocker panels
    OEM Ferrari carbon fiber rear decklid
    OEM Ferrari camber shims for front and rear suspension, full set

BBS FI forged 10-spoke wheels w/Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires (Tires, mount & balance included for free)

Carbonio Carbon Fiber extended shift paddles

Speedwerks CFRC brake rotors w/Titanium hubs and Pagid RSC-1 brake pads, F&R
    Speedwerks lightweight Li-Ion battery, 3-D printed lightweight battery tray, and battery charger/maintainer
    Speedwerks Titanium adjustable anti-roll bar drop links w/monoball spherical bearings
    Speedwerks Titanium lower A-Arm extended camber bolts, rear (two sets available)
    Speedwerks Titanium E-Brake posts (three sets available)
    Speedwerks Carbon Fiber undertray panel and Titanium fasteners
    Speedwerks 600-piece Titanium Fastener Kit

R-Tuned Carbon Fiber front lid
    R-Tuned Carbon Fiber engine bay bulkhead
    R-Tuned Carbon Fiber 2-piece lower center console

19. RBM

RBM Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Full Name:
    RBM
    I've been thoroughly reviewing the thread, searching for data in response to all the Q&A about the car, and realized there are practically no interior photos. So, to correct that grave injustice:

20. RBM

RBM Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Full Name:
    RBM
  21. RBM

RBM Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Full Name:
    RBM
  22. luccio

luccio Rookie

Feb 10, 2021
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Luccio
    Hello RBM,
    I'm ideally looking for a 355 to prep for track days, but as I expected the hunt makes me see something tempting :)

Looking into the details of your posts and can be a serious buyer... The mods would be in.

Best,
    Luccio

23. RBM

RBM Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Full Name:
    RBM
  24. RBM

RBM Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Full Name:
    RBM