Project Mondial | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Project Mondial

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Leighton360, Jul 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mondial_Switzerland

Oct 6, 2008
    Switzerland
  2. Leighton360

Leighton360 Karting

Mar 31, 2014
    South Wales UK
    #202 Leighton360, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    For the moment, I am leaving the clutch issue until my mate comes back from his holiday - hydraulic bleeding is far easier with two ..

Overhauled the triangular plastic trims that fit at the rear or the rear windows . New rubber gaskets were made and fitted before bonding the trims in position - need to do a few finishing touches when the compound cures.

Next I started working on the interior jobs ..
    The first job to be tackled was the drivers side electic window which was not working - Interior door panels removed , motor electric cables disconnected , cable wheels lubricated . Then used a 12 volt power supply to power up the motor directly , and the window is moving up an down quite freely . There is a bit of squeeking from the upper wheels mid position , but I think this will get better with more frequent operation . It looks like yet another switch problem for me to inspect .
    My new window scraper rubbers and clips were delivered today ... just in time for fitting once this issue is sorted
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Leighton360

Leighton360 Karting

Mar 31, 2014
    South Wales UK
    #203 Leighton360, Apr 13, 2016
  4. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    Are you going to install a moisture barrier in the doors like they come from the factory? I think the lack of one in my driver's door fried my lock actuator on that side. Water came out the wiring bundle when I took it apart! Passenger actuator got fried from constant current coming from the driver's side too.
    Alden

5. FCnew

FCnew Formula Junior

May 5, 2015
    Hong Kong / Canada
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Look at that shine +1

6. Leighton360

Leighton360 Karting

Mar 31, 2014
    South Wales UK
    Hi Alden ... do you mean a plastic film between the back of the door and the internal door cards? . If so , yes indeed ; Or do you mean something else ? Any improvement information is very helpful , thanks .

The interior of the door is very very sound ( door bottom is perfect ) , but i do intend treating the interior with a waxoyl type product .
    As mentioned previously , I have new window rubber scrapers to install once all that work is complete. I hope to inspect and test the door lights and mirror later today , plus I have to adjust the external door opener, as you have to pull it quite firmly for the door to open.

All good fun !!!

7. Roward7

Roward7 Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Hi Leighton, who did you order your new window rubbers from?
    Cheers,
    Rob.

8. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    Hard to explain without a pic, but there is a sheet of black, thin plastic in the door that is inside the window glass but separates the electrical connections at the door from the outside: the lock actuators, switches and such, will try to find a pic or I will take one and post when I have the door cards off to replace the actuators.
    Alden

9. Leighton360

Leighton360 Karting

Mar 31, 2014
    South Wales UK
    Hi Rob ...

Had the weatherstrip from these guys. £10.50 + 20% vat for 2 strips . They are a metre long, and with a little careful cutting will fit well .

VINTAGE SUPPLIES LTD, 10G FOLGATE ROAD, NORTH WALSHAM, NORFOLK, NR28 0AJ. U.K. Tel: +44 (0)1692 406510 Fax: +44 (0)1692 406465,
    VAT Reg. No. GB 283 4403 62, Registered LONDON 2099573
    Email: [email protected], Web: www.vintagecarparts.co.uk

Part No 685 - window weatherstrip

10. Leighton360

Leighton360 Karting

Mar 31, 2014
    South Wales UK
    Cheers Alden .

11. Lotusman33

Lotusman33 Rookie

Feb 13, 2016
    England
    Full Name:
    Dave Noble
    Fantastic work and she really does look superb, thanks for the weatherstrip supplier as have been searching the web for something suitable, I am ordering three so I can replace the quarter window ones as well.
    Keep up the great work Leighton!
    Dave :)

12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    (clapping and with a big grin)

Well Done Sir!

13. Roward7

Roward7 Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Great work indeed.... :)

Thank You,
    Cheers,
    Rob.

14. Leighton360

Leighton360 Karting

Mar 31, 2014
    South Wales UK
    #214 Leighton360, Apr 15, 2016
    Decided to fit the door window scraper today . The scraper had a large mounting lip , which was way too big to use the supplied clips for mounting . Looked at all possible ways of mounting , and the best way was to trim back the mounting lip and then bond the scraper directly into the U channel . Used a dremmel grinding tool to remove the trim , cut the scraper to length ,and then dry test fitted into the channel . Fitted superb , a tight fit with decent contact with the window . Then fitted with a few spots of contact bond ... very hapy with the result .

15. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    That looks superb! Looks better then the originals which leave an open hole on the ends. Which weathertrim did you use? As I see several listed.

16. Leighton360

Leighton360 Karting

Mar 31, 2014
    South Wales UK

Thanks Tijn , i think they look good too

https://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/search?query=685

Part No 685 - window weatherstrip

17. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
  18. Mondial_Switzerland

Oct 6, 2008
    Switzerland
    Whats about the Project Leighton?

19. Leighton360

Leighton360 Karting

Mar 31, 2014
    South Wales UK
    Hi Claudio , thanks for the enquiry..... my life for the moment has been taken over by Family issues , so the Mondial project has had to be put on hold for the moment .
    Both of my sons have moved into new houses within the last 6 weeks , so lots of decorating and helping out ; but the major news is that we have been blessed with two new grandchildren in the last 3 weeks - both beautiful girls born 6 days apart .. All parents and children doing well.
    We have also been having some major work carried out to a bathroom in our house..
    so BUSY BUSY !!!!

Hopefully work will restart soon , and i will then be able to update further progress ...

20. FCnew

FCnew Formula Junior

May 5, 2015
    Hong Kong / Canada
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    +1 +1 = +2

Congratulations to the Grandpa !

21. Jeka

Jeka Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2010
    Rotterdam
    Full Name:
    Johan
    Congratulations!

22. Mondial_Switzerland

Oct 6, 2008
    Switzerland
    @Leighton

That are great news! Enjoy your new Lifesitutation :)

23. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    #223 MvT, May 25, 2016
  24. Leighton360

Leighton360 Karting

Mar 31, 2014
    South Wales UK
    Thanks for the kind words guys ..

Love the car seats MVT .. brought a huge smile to my face .

25. bartzagato

bartzagato Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2010
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Leighton

You did a good job buying a Mondial. Now you can pick them up from daycare every evening! :p

Congrats!!!