Project CARS | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Project CARS

Discussion in 'Technology' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 12, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Patch 1.3 for x1 has fixed the controller issue finally!!!! :eek::eek::eek: According to the developer the dev kits didn't have the problem the retail versions had so they didn't notice the issue. They aren't allow to test on retail versions till after it goes Gold.

Still needs a heap more patches to get it right but it's a start. :eek:

The next patch is coming with the DLC.

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  3. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    Been following the official forum and read a few interesting tidbits.

The head honcho said that when they get to use DX12 he expects a 30% - 40% performance increase. It looks like those post have since been taken down.

He was also asked why there wasn't a Season Pass for the DLC and he said while it would make nice money they didn't want to be held in a box so to speak and only be able to release DLC as specified in the Season Pass agreement. That sounds like they want to be able to freely release DLC when they want and what it contains. Instead of getting a car pack once a month for five months like a Forza season pass they are free to release cars and tracks as many and often as they want. I find that flexibility very promising.

I hope they start off with a great DLC release next Friday :)

4. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
  5. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
  6. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Do any of you guys do online play? I picked the game up last week and got a few rounds in. I haven't played with the setting much, just running everything off default. I knocked up the graphics to high/ultra, but that's about it.

I really wish they had Ferrari's built into the game.

7. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Yeah the licencing is tricky with Ferrari. It's split between multiple publishers so a multi-platform game like this you have little chance of getting it.

Patch 1.4 will hopefully come out in the next week to fix a lot of issues. I have played some races with friends and they have been fun.

8. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    Looks like PCars have now sold a millions copies so I'm sure they are relieved to know that it is profitable.

I'm thinking they aren't planning on releasing PCars 2 anytime soon and will probably spend the next two years just adding to the present version and making it better. Selling more copies and DLC will help their bottom line and may allow them to purchase some license agreements for brands like Ferrari that were previously out of reach. One can hope at least :)

On a side note, a glitch in the latest car pack for Forza Horizon 2 revealed what appeared to be a Porsche Expansion Pack. It was quickly removed but not before someone got a screen capture. This is pure speculation but if Turn 10 was able to get the rights to add Porsche in FH2 it might be possible Porsche will be in Forza 6. We may find out something official at the upcoming E3 on June 15th when Forza 6 is revealed.

If the Porsche license is now attainable maybe PCars will get it as well and I will finally know what it is like to drive a 917 :)

9. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    I believe the Porsche licence is with EA and when they did the Porsche pack with FM3 they did a swap with MS to have Ferrari for NFS Rivals.

10. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    With Forza 3 releasing October 2009 it appears that EA has had a stranglehold on Porsche for at least seven years. Seems nobody knows the terms of EA's licensing agreement with Porsche but I would think it would expire at some time and seven to ten years is a long time to hold an exclusive for something like that. Perhaps EA is able to renew their license. I hope Porsche is getting a ton of money for it and didn't just sign away to the first person that asked.

My hope is that the EA license has expired and Porsche has realized it is in their best interest to have their brand spread across multiple games especially with so many coming in the near future. June 15th will hopefully bring some good news.

11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Porsche and EA have had a very long marriage...I think only briefly interupted but it's been since at least 2000 that Porsche was EA exclusive. I wonder how much they get indeed, because for the consumer it's highly irritating...

12. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    EA would have a team dedicated to licencing, they aren't going to let the Porsche licence expire. Porsche most likely doesn't really care about video games so they have let EA run the show.

Selling a million copies doesn't really change anything, Slightly Mad Studios is a 3rd party developer they aren't going to get any type of deal. Lets not forget they did produce 2 NFS games for EA but have since parted ways. Maybe leaving EA is the reason they couldn't strike a deal...

13. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    Selling a million copies means the PCars title is now profitable. They now have money to go after licensing deals they didn't have the budget for when they were building the game. The head of the studio has said the new money coming in will go towards making PCars better. Perhaps the reason Ferrari isn't in PCars is because the terms of the Ferrari license wasn't in their original budget. With the new cash flow and by the way the head of SMS talks it is considerable, the Ferrari license is now within reach and they can do a few cars.

Porsche is a different situation because EA has had the exclusive for years. I don't think Porsche gave EA a lifetime exclusive license so it has to be renewed and negotiated. I'm thinking at the time those two came to terms there was only a few titles wanting the Porsche license and probably came down to EA and Forza with EA willing to pay the most.

Since then several more driving games have popped up and I would think most have tried to get some sort of deal with Porsche. EA can have a licensing team and by the same token Porsche can have an advertising / promotional team that carefully looks at all aspects in that department. I don't think they blindly sign over to EA. They would weigh all their options first.

There appears to be a leak out that shows a Porsche Expansion pack coming to Forza Horizon 2. It will probably be announced a week from tomorrow at the E3 conference. Everyone is hoping Forza got their hands on a Porsche license and Porsche will also be included in Forza 6. At this time it is speculation but seems probable and we will know in a week.

If Forza did get a Porsche license, the question will be how. Perhaps they struck another deal with EA as they did in the past. Perhaps EA no longer has the firm grasp it once had and a Porsche license is now available to anyone at a price. If a Porsche license can now be had by any studio the budget surplus SMS now has from selling a million copies may put Porsche like Ferrari within their reach.

We'll have a clearer picture next week.

14. kingjr9000

kingjr9000 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2014
    Porsche making its way to Forza Horizon 2 tomorrow, confirmed for Forza Motorsport 6 • Eurogamer.net

15. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    #116 Str8shooter, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The " Racing Icons Pack " is available June 9th

" Expand your Prototype and GT rosters with two uncompromising and beautiful machines from the prestigious heritage of Bentley – the Speed 8 and Continental GT3 - and three further racing icons: the Le Mans-winning BMW V12 LMR and McLaren F1 GTR, and the Mercedes-Benz CLK LM.
    All have prestigious history in the world of motorsports, can be played in any game mode, and naturally integrate, compliment, and enhance your Project CARS career journey. "

What I'm really looking forward to is a track pack that includes Sebring and daytona :D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Turn10/Forza = Microsoft. SMS is just 3rd party developer. You can't compare the two. PC was made with crowd funding some of the profits go back to the founders they just don't have the same type of buying power to go after big licences.

New NFS game has Ferrari, that's the only reason you see Porsche on FH2. PC doesn't have anything to offer EA besides pocket change.

Ok enough about Porsche. Woo new DLC that should mean a new patch too :eek:

17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    New computer bits arriving tonight. Will assemble this weekend.

For now will run AMD 8320 with mild overclock to 4ghz (until I get a better fan + PSU, then I'll go for 4.7+ ghz), 8gb ram 1866 mhz, 990FX Extreme9 mobo and my AMD 6950 (don't have a 1080p monitor atm so not necessary to upgrade), all in a coolermaster case.

Might get an R9 280x (or 2 if I go 4k) when I get a new TV. Some decent 4K TV's about for a good price...

Currently on a ****ty dell core2 duo 6700 2.66 at stock clock, 3gb ram @ 667mhz and 6950. Should be a LOT quicker. I'm actually surprised I get good FPS at Assetto Corsa with this thing!

18. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    The fact that Turn10 and SMS both make a driving sim for the xbox 1 makes them comparable. :)

There is no doubt that Turn10 / MS is a studio that starts with a big budget. SMS is small and crowd funded. You can make that comparison and conclude they certainly are not equal in that respect.

So Turn 10 starts with a big budget and can afford to obtain a Ferrari license and Lamborghini license and so on to have those cars in the title at the time of launch.

SMS starts out with a small budget and can't afford to obtain the license needed for Ferrari and Lamborghini and launches without them.

Pcars was going to be only for the PC. Then someone got the bright idea to make it for PS4 and Xbox 1 as well. That move increased their sales dramatically. AC saw that and decided they would follow suit. The head of SMS won't say which version has sold the most so far. They did announce reaching the million copies sold mark. If they didn't have such a buggy start with the negative press they would have done even better. Once they get everything running smoothly those on the fence will buy. DLC will add to their profit and so will the upcoming holiday sales.

If SMS made PCars on a small budget and reaped huge profits from it that means they can pay off all their bills and their crowd funding and whatever and have money left over to put towards improving PCars. Its been said they won't be looking towards PCars 2 anytime soon and their attention will be to make PCars better.

I'm going to make up some numbers just to make my point. Let's say PCars cost 40 million to make and with a million + copies sold they made 60 million. After paying off their debt they now have 20 million in reserve AFTER making and launching PCars. While my numbers are probably off the fact that the title turned out to be hugely profitable for SMS remains.

So now SMS has the money in the bank to go after the Ferrari and Lamborghini license they couldn't afford in the beginning like big budget T10 could and I bet they will be added in the future given that they won't put out Pcars 2 for a couple years.

The Porsche license is different because of EA but if for some reason a Porsche license was now or in the future available SMS is in a much better position to afford it.

19. kingjr9000

kingjr9000 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2014
    #120 kingjr9000, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
    Okay, I've just got the Porsche pack on fh2, and the 918 is hilarious. The funny thing about it is that unlike the laferrari and the p1, turn10 decided to go with C&D's report of 2.2-60 & 4.9-100, instead of the manufacture claim, like the laf and p1 which are base. Another thing is that you can also tune it to give it more power. Just by a few engine tweaks alone, you can bring it up to 959hp, unlike the laferrari and p1. You can also add twin turbo to it and give it 1,321hp, and you can also reduce the weight to about 3,067lbs from 3,692, which is curb weight, unlike the other two. The laferrari is 3,031 and you can reduce it to 2,932. The p1 is 3,296 and you can reduce it to 3,093.

So yeah, I think that if the 918 was serious about performance as the others, they could have easily taken it to another level and slaughtered the other two in the real world.

20. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    I come from a time where I had eight people ahead of me waiting to play Pong in a bar.

I get a kick out of hearing all these kids today complaining just because a video or PC game has a few bugs and doesn't
    work perfectly or some minute detail or feature that they think should be in isn't.

Here is a video of the first Pong game.

By the time I was playing it they had a version made into a flat table that each side pulled a chair up to.
    They had them in the bars and people lined up to play. I think it was $.25 maybe $.50

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNRx5hc4gYc[/ame]

Look how far we've come :)

This video is just amazing. ( watch full screen )

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDgAojJEVhA[/ame]

21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    #122 Bas, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    So computer arrived, motherboard issues :(. It keeps turning itself off every few minutes.

Anyhow, we have a few more of the same motherboards so will do it again Wednesday.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    New motherboard, R9 280x...This game on ultra = awesome. Love the AI.

For the first time in ever I have a current PC and can game properly!

23. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Patch 1.4 for consoles finally arrived :eek:

Things are so much better now... tho this should of been the state the game was released pity it took over a month :(

24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I love the feature that I can host an online race and fill it with AI....and don't have to buy my own server!

AI could be a little less...aggressive. They do tend to ram you off in the opening lap especially. No restart function either.