Programing Garage door opener in 2015 California T | FerrariChat

Programing Garage door opener in 2015 California T

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by swiftar, Feb 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. swiftar

swiftar Rookie

Aug 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Have not been able to program my garage door in the 2015. No issue on my Tesla or Stelvio systems.

Anyone have a fail proof procedure to program the home link system? My garage door is an overhead door (Legacy 2001).

Thanks

2. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    I posted this MANY years ago here.

1. (Optional) Press two outside buttons on the buttons on the mirror and hold to clear the device on the car mirror, until the light blinks rapidly. You can always clear a single mirror button by holding it about 30 seconds until it starts to blink rapidly if it had been programmed before.

Now an old garage door:
    1. Press and hold a button on the mirror until the green light blinks slowly
    2. Press and hold your garage door button on the remote until the green light on the mirror blinks fast
    3. Let go of both buttons

Try it, it should work just fine on an older garage door.

I expected that to work for a newer garage door but there is an extra step you will have to do.

1. Press and hold a button on the mirror until the green light on the mirror blinks slowly
    2. Press and hold your garage door button on the remote until the green light on the mirror blinks fast then let go of both buttons (you MAY have to press the garage door button a couple times according to the manufacturer)
    3. Try the mirror button, if it doesn't work (as mine did not work) do the next instructions
    4. Press the LEARN button momentarily on your garage door opener mounted in the ceiling of your garage
    5. Within 30 seconds get in your car and press the appropriate button on your mirror that you just programmed, look for the light on the garage door opener in your garage ceiling to blink.
    6. Try your mirror button now ... like magic it works.