Problems With Downshift to Neutral at Stop Light | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Problems With Downshift to Neutral at Stop Light

Discussion in '360/430' started by AZHokie, Feb 25, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AZHokie

AZHokie Karting

Aug 20, 2016
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Thanks for all the great info..

I’ll run some more tests ASAP, and post them as soon as i can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Sounds good

If you can .. just entertain me .. change the relay back (if you have a good one) and map one of the scenarios that causes an issue before and after swap

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

3. AZHokie

AZHokie Karting

Aug 20, 2016
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Will do! For science :)

4. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    When mapping give my sense of "time elapsed "
    Eg pump on for 6 secs

5. AZHokie

AZHokie Karting

Aug 20, 2016
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Ok, to summarize, just so I make sure I’m capturing all the relevant info:

1. Run a self learn again, and capture details (how long pump runs, how many times pump runs, # of shifts before cycling, etc.). I’ll even video record this on my phone and upload it somewhere.

2. Then, run car in neutral for several minutes, capture pump on/off and hydraulic pressure. Is the pump on/off values I provided in the last charts the ones you are looking for? I had a question about that when setting up the stream before, they were the only obvious pump on/off metrics I saw to select.

3. Run same test as in step 2, but with car off, ignition on.

4. Go for a drive and capture same metrics as before, try to stay in gears longer. To answer your question, yes, I was downshifting when slowing down EXCEPT when coming to a stop. Thats when I was trying to recreate the behavior of the car shifting itself into neutral.

5. Capture hydraulic pressure of the car running, stopped in 1st gear with foot on brake, for several minutes.

6. Check to see if ediff values are present in my software, and if so, get those values too.

7. Swap out Scuding relay with old relay and re-run a few of the tests (Maybe 2, 3, 4?)

Let me know if this is what you are thinking, and if I missed some metrics in the graph, please let me know. Also, youre last post mentions “time elapsed”. Is this something I can map, or do I need to just listen for it? Thanks!

6. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I think you got everything

Time elapsed means duration on the graph .. how many seconds between let us say the cycle of pump , shifting etc .. the axis on bottom doesn't really give me how long time has passed

In terms of pump on/ off ..you don't have it on your graphs ..those values that you do have are not necessary in a short timeframe ..i am looking for on/off signal ..i think it would be called pump relay sensor or something like that

Before starting all the tests ..you may consider going thru the data stream and screen print all values that u can ..should be a few pages ..e.g. pis, calculated clutch position, battery volts, engagement counters, etc ..lots of good stuff that can be had at idle

7. AZHokie

AZHokie Karting

Aug 20, 2016
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    I thought the bottom axis was time in seconds? Ok, I’ll make sure to get everything.

I think I remember there bing 320 items or so I could chart, so printing them all out could take a while :)

8. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    #33 flash32, Feb 27, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    Thanks.. btw ..the printout will/may serve you in the future to see if something is amiss

I actually recommend to take printouts of data streams when people take delivery of thier vehicle and every so often so they can compare ..sometimes it easier to track an item down

Is it 300 items for just the f1 system and ediff ?

9. AZHokie

AZHokie Karting

Aug 20, 2016
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Ok, running tests now, also Xdiag is upgraded to 10.95. Here is the video of the self learn:

10. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Great news on upgrade ..now you can look at ediff values

Did self test result in any errors ?

It does cycle too much and short ..so let's see the other tests and then we can come up with the top 2 items

11. AZHokie

AZHokie Karting

Aug 20, 2016
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
  12. AZHokie

AZHokie Karting

Aug 20, 2016
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
  13. AZHokie

AZHokie Karting

Aug 20, 2016
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Fourth test neighborhood drive in gears 1-4, with longer shifts. Note, I never put the car in neutral, but did make it happen at the end by slowing to a stop without downshifting. One thing I noticed at the end, when I shifted manually down to 2nd before coming to a stop, it did shift in to 1st by itself correctly. However, when I was in 3rd and slowed to a stop, then thew car would shift into neutral. This test also with Scuding relay:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. AZHokie

AZHokie Karting

Aug 20, 2016
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    #40 AZHokie, Feb 28, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    I have not run the tests yet with the old relay, but I will if you still want to see them after looking at this..

One thing I think i see is that the car is that the system is not holding pressure in a single gear as long as the car warms up..

Thank you!

15. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I haven't got a chance to look at the graphs yet but wanted to get back to you on ediff

The ediff is in higher selection ..not within the f1 system

16. AZHokie

AZHokie Karting

Aug 20, 2016
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
  17. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Wheel speed, pressure, Magnetic Valve Voltage, locking pressure, Temp, ... also just do a quick look at Error Code State

Thanks

18. AZHokie

AZHokie Karting

Aug 20, 2016
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
  19. AZHokie

AZHokie Karting

Aug 20, 2016
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    oh, and ediff error came on again after reading codes and going for drive. I turned off the car, flipped the ignition key to on for 5-10 seconds and ediff error on dash went away..

20. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    If you can run a full health check from primary menu to get any all errors on vehicle

21. AZHokie

AZHokie Karting

Aug 20, 2016
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
  22. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Don't panic ...alot of those are communication errors that happen with a weak battery or maybe once battery was dead .. I know I asked but is the battery fully charged and fairly new?

I am assuming the Ediff errors were from before the replacement or maybe if pressure drops too much

If you like you can keep a printout and wipe all errors out so you can see what you really have in the next 50 miles or so

Also you mentioned beeping .. was that from the smart relay module or the table or something else ?

23. AZHokie

AZHokie Karting

Aug 20, 2016
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    So, I wouldn’t be surprised if the battery is shot. I also have a nagging issue with one of the door/window sensors, where the car doesn’t always ‘think’ the door is closed. So, I always keep it on a trickle charger, but the car has been in the shop for the last three months with no trickle charge. Scottsdale Ferrari (last shop it was in) did report a low battery and said once they charged it up, it was fine. I’ve had it in a trickle charger the last 3/4 days non-stop since I got it back.

I guess that could even explain the edify warnings on the dash too.

The beeps I heard were coming from the car itself, not the Xdiag or the relay. What I noticed after the self learn was that the car was in N, and I thought it was the standard beeps when the car is turned off in N. Those beeps can be heard at the end of the video I posted..