Pricing with Current Economy | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Pricing with Current Economy

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Extra300, May 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Problem is even with agreed value it goes down every year. You cant insure to the value of replacement, a house you can over insure and best done. This is what irritates me.

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    $135k???

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Well said. As a seasoned crusty car salesman once told me: "A fast nickle beats a slow dime every time"

IMO there are simply too many 458s for sale to sit on one you no longer want to drive and would like to liquidate.

BLAMPEE likes this.
  4. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Ill have to check that. My insurance company for my "special" vehicles has not said as such. And in fact has told me I should inform them of any improvements that would up the value of the car as they would gladly insure the car at a higher Agreed Value. But with that said they do not allow me to overvalue my cars. They will actually check with Hagerty valuations (IIRC) to keep things in a reasonable range for what you are wanting to value the car at.

5. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    This is very true, in many things not just cars first offer is best offer

6. humdizzle

humdizzle Karting

Mar 9, 2016
    yes. Although i did get a better offer from him today at 145k (the 135 offer was last week). I told him i can't go lower than 149k. So thats where i'm at. I'm looking at carfax and cargurus that have values listed at an average of 152-154 for the 2010 italia. i'd post a link to my ad but i think thats against forum rules.

i should have jumped on the 155 offer before the pandemic ;(

Also i called an out of state ferrari dealer today with a gt3 in stock that i liked. they only offered 120k for my car lol.

Texas Forever likes this.
  7. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    As a real life price example in Europe - I just bought a 550 (probably slightly overpaid it, but as mentioned most cars are advertised at higher prices and are not moving - so a real market price is hard to fathom) at exactly the same price I bought one (with similar mileage) back in 2004...
    On one hand it's small depreciation (only money depreciation) but on the other hand the car should have moved from used car status to classic car status, so I'm trying to convince myself it's not such a bad deal ;)

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  8. pninja005

pninja005 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Europe
    Well overhere I see a lot of 458 sitting while 488 sell like crazy...

9. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    That all depends on the mileage, but yes, that figure is possible as well!

10. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Since i'm in the PCA, i get the monthly issue of Panamera. Every month, I look at the classifieds and see Targas similar to mine, in the range I stated. However, this thread isn't about selling my Targa lol, just used as an analogy...

11. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    I am also a member of the PCA and get the Panorama mag every month. Basing prices on those advertising in Pano is a fools errand.
    LOL -- I've not found Pano ads for the cars reflective of the real market.

All the best to you sir.