Pricing with Current Economy | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Pricing with Current Economy

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Extra300, May 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Disagreed, but to each his own bud! Mark my words, the 458, is going to skyrocket, once the libtards, open the country....

jomarti1 likes this.
  2. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    One appeared this morning, I called immediately and while we talked it sold.

Thecadster likes this.
  3. kane00

kane00 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 4, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Keith
    458 Speciale A 476K sold. Just starting. Oh yeah! 458 are gonna sky rocket! Welcome to the new world order. Bloodbath has just begun. Keep your heads in the ground and ignore.

andyrichter, Sargepug and IloveGT like this.
  4. Live2win

Live2win Karting

Sep 27, 2019
    Pasadena MD
    Full Name:
    David perkins
    I assume most of us on the forum have been financially fortunate. I am always amazed by these chats about getting “good price”.

I currently own 2010 Italia and 2012 Spider. Saw what I liked options package bought it.

The dealer gave me what he gave me, all good.

let’s say asking 200,000 for a car and you get for 185,000, does it really matter?

Nice I agree but to go through looking for months for the “deal” in my opinion the juice ain’t worth the squeeze!

Damn you may get virus by then. So what I am saying find a 458 you like buy it is 10-15 grand make a difference in your life?

If it does you should not be buying a Ferrari because the first repair bill will send you over the edge.

I drive both of mine like a stole them . Just got a warning 95 in a 55. Will post later for all you nay sayers. Getting pulled over in a Ferrari is like a girl with a nice rack getting pulled over , here is your warning, gave a nice day.

Just buy it !!!! Life is so short

020147, ScrappyB, emmholla and 7 others like this.
  5. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    They are not difficult to find but if you are very picky it is hard to find one with all the spec, if you are a little flexible then yes easy to find one and also easier to haggle on price if you have flexibility in spec you are looking for

6. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I am very sure @Sargepug meant last NA v8. You can put down the pitch fork now.

Sargepug and Avia11 like this.
  7. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    can you please pm me where the SA was sold? i am in the market but my wife says I am not, lol!

8. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    I think the comment might have been referring to a V8. Unless you know of another NA V8 after the 458 series (coupe, spider, and speciale versions)?

timjen88 and Sargepug like this.
  9. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    it was on bring a trailer... but it was driven like a car should be, so naturally the price was lower. i applaud the original owner for driving it and as many have said here 476K for a car that msrp'd @ $403,036.00, 5 years and 13k miles later, is a win. i can tell you that car fared better than the pista spiders that i've been looking at.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2015-ferrari-458-speciale-2/

DefunctNeurons, kane00 and Sargepug like this.
  10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    This. Global economy yet to show it's true hit post-corona. Ferrari's aren't owned exclusively by billionaires who can take hits like this on the chin...especially ''older'' (i.e. not F8 or 488 in this context) Ferrari's tend to be owned by those that had to wait a while to be able to afford these, are likely going to be in a situation of ''my business or my car''.

3-6 months down the line will show a clearer picture of what cars will be really worth. My guess, 30% down. Even the super exclusive cars (F40 and the like) will be taking somewhat of a hit...not as quickly but a year from now.

If you can't wait and want to buy now, find cars you like, offer 25% less. See who bites first. But tell them if they don't accept offer today, when they ring you back in 6 months, they won't be happy with your counter offer:D

DRYHOLE, IloveGT, MANDALAY and 6 others like this.
  11. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    100%, thx bud! ;)

12. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Correct! Aren't we in the 458/488/F8 section?! LOL However, all 3 models are amazing! Simply IMHO, the 458 has the raw edge across the board.

13. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    While I do agree with your post, the vast majority on Ferrari Chat are not owners and most likely not near as financially fortunate

14. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    IMHO, I think you have to go to older models in this case than the 458 and the numb skull that has to choose between his biz or the car, shouldn't have a 458 in the first place! Of course there are exceptions..... So far all the people i've met w/ 458s have many other high end cars like I do, and are equally very affluent. Between buying my '14 w/ 4k on the clock and optioned out to a $290k sticker. I paid $194k for the car, $5k between transport, paperwork, etc., $19k in tax and $16k in shop for built in radar, jammers, wrap, ceramic, change carpets to black, paint rims, etc., etc. So i'm out of pocket about $235k. I'm a NYC Site-work General Contractor, so thank God very successful and have essential work to carry me through this ridiculous time.

Bas likes this.
  15. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    First the 458 is a gem of a Ferrari. Beautiful Pininfarina Design, awesome reliability and performance, and last of the great sounding V8 Ferrari’s. So you have already made a good decision

Pick a car that has the features you want. Color, interior and mileage.

(A new F8 Tributo coupe will probably cost $340-360,000. So you can use this as reference to see the depreciation curve.
    I personally don’t think there will be a huge price drop in the 458 market.)

Defender 90 and Sargepug like this.
  16. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    My speed shop, that is one of the best in NYC and services the likes of Mariano Rivera, OBJ and a whole list celebs, said 458 wise, the market is at the bottom and will only go up from here. Will there be a mild correction due to covid? IMO, unless you get lucky and find a desperate seller, most will hold onto them, till all this bs is over....

17. F485

F485 Karting

Oct 23, 2017
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Full Name:
    Fahad F458
    if you are concerned i dont prefer to get it. if you are getting it to enjoy it and no matter about other things, then you look for the best option you get :)

18. Danedingerson

Danedingerson Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 26, 2011
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Dane
    High end cars and beach houses often take a jump when the stock market dives. It put folks like me into cash, so I finally had spare money to buy the Ferrari I wanted. I picked a factory warranty CPO 430 that fit my budget and looks new. My other investor friends are considering the same.

19. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Smart, it has to fit your budget! Post some pics! I have a soft spot for the F430, when I was in Monte Carlo years ago, that was the latest and greatest for the "Ferrari Experience". The experience, was comprised of an instructor driving the car to my Hotel. Then he jumped into the passenger seat, and he directed me onto the F1 circuit. However, cause it's open to the public, we only ran a portion. Then, we bolted out of Monte and immediately entered France, where I drove the car through ancient towns and mountain twisties!

VAF84 likes this.
  20. RaceMX-M3

RaceMX-M3 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2010
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Not for 150/55 :confused:

Danedingerson likes this.
  21. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Not everyone is the same, of course, and I mentioned that in my post...Due to corona virus and lockdowns, many people have taken an enormous loss already. Keeping 15 staff on payroll at 2K/month each when doing very little work adds up quickly. Or the loss of a couple of bigger contracts due to other companies going under/cancelling. Sure, some of these can be accounted for and should be expected to a certain degree, but with Corona, it's entirely unpredictable.

CIP: Friend of mine has, among other businesses, a car dealership. He went from selling ~240 cars per month to a grand total of 6 last month. That's an enormous loss whichever way you look at it. Even if he nets only $250 per car sold, he could easily afford a ferrari. Forecast now however is looking rather bleak, even if the economy opens up fully tomorrow, for certain businesses pickup will not nearly be as quick as others, and for those, selling their toy (ferrari) in order to keep the business afloat and have money coming in, is quite likely.

Sargepug and Extra300 like this.
  22. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    When you get your 458, treat yourself to a lithium ion battery. Best mod I ever did. Thanks to RayJohns!

23. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    My '17 Masi MC GT, has battery issues, so a trickle is a must. Same issue w/ the 458 battery and why didn't you just trickle it?

24. kiryu

kiryu Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2016
    Los Angeles
    very interesting. My friends have been telling me they are waiting for a 458 in the 130 range for the past 2-3 years (they can afford the cars no problem), talking about recession, bubble burst, trump era, blah blah blah. Both ended up buying one in the 150-165 range these past 2 weeks during this once-in-a-life time pandemic. I paid the same for mine 3 years ago. All 3 cars are decently loaded. If it's the right car for a fair price and you can afford it, go for it. None of these cars will be collectibles, but u sure will miss out the smiles if u wait too long

25. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    I did trickle charge the AGM battery. But when it was near the end of its life, I went with the Braille. It doesn’t require trickle charging and can sit for a month and still fire up the car.

It’s more expensive but when you look at the ability to leave your car at the airport on a trip and be able to start it without worrying,
    as well as the 30 pound weight savings, it’s a nice upgrade

Sargepug likes this.