Predicting the changeover in demographics of Pantera owners will improve value | FerrariChat

Predicting the changeover in demographics of Pantera owners will improve value

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by bitzman, Jul 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I used to be in the Pantera crowd, celebrating each customized one. It was a car you had to modify because for instance the engine was an off the shelf 351 that was from the Mustang so didn't look equal to exotic engines,and sat in an engine well sprayed with some tar-like gook. But that was 30-40 years ago, I predict that when concours began honoring stock Panteras, the US spec and non US spec (GT5 and GT5S and GT/4) will attract attention and these will be the low cost maintenance collectibles that follow the appreciation curve of the Iso Grifo, a car that never got ,much publicity but are now worth 30 times what they cost new. The new generation of Pantera owners will treat them as foreign exotics and not hot rods. Oh there will be the restomod cars but if they re done right (as in the book Extreme Panteras) they will appreciate too. Plus there's the whole DeTomaso "family" of kin to celebrate including the Vallelunga, the Longchamp, and Deauville and the factory racing cars. The Mangustas are already approaching royal status. the Panteras could get there when the new gen of owners takes over.

Note The pre-L Pantera here has black bumpers, not stock, but easily corrected
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Craig Holcomb

Craig Holcomb Rookie

Jun 10, 2008
    I like your point of view. Having a stock pantera will always be a great investment. I have had several exotics over the years, you cannot go wrong on a Detomaso.