Predicted FF bottom for early used ones? | Page 16 | FerrariChat

Predicted FF bottom for early used ones?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by KY _Soldier, Feb 9, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Replevin

Replevin Karting

Oct 29, 2014
    Washington, DC
    Data Points On NA Asking Prices

Ferrari Dealers. Here are the low asking prices for cars with low mileage and "normal" interiors (i.e., not hideous - my opinion, of course) and listed by Ferrari dealers:

2015 1.7k miles nero/sabbia low-end of options (wheels) - asking $262k
    2014 9.8k miles nero/nero reasonably optioned (led) - asking $209k
    2013 8k miles nero/brown reasonably optioned (CF, wheels) - asking $199k
    2013 10k miles blu pozzi/cuoio base options - asking $199k
    2012 9.5k miles blanco/nero reasonably optioned (led, diamond wheels) - asking $179k

Comments - on the 2014, a new low asking price for a nicely optioned and low mileage 2014. But as others have noted in this thread, only real non-option distinction (other than the age of the car) between a 2014 and an earlier car is the time left on the power warranty.

No Shields Cars. I thought it would be interesting to note asking prices for cars without shields. There are only four cars in the current "Internet" market that I could identify:

2015 2.1k miles nero/nero reasonably optioned (sunroof, wheels) - asking $264k (Infinity dealer)
    2014 5.4K miles silver/bordeaux reasonably optioned - asking $209k (Porsche dealer)
    2014 221 miles nero/nero some options (wheels) - asking $280k (Ferrari dealer)
    2012 7.8k miles grey/cuoio reasonably optioned - asking $213K (Ferrari dealer)

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    now that's really interesting - no shield asking price cars are clearly HIGHER than cars with shields...things that make you go hmmm.

3. 996TTurbo

996TTurbo Formula 3

Apr 9, 2006
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Or a crackhead dealer asking 213 for any 2012 FF lol ;)

4. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    haha yeh - well you know grey is a very rare color lol

5. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    also very interesting that none of the cars available are white

6. Replevin

Replevin Karting

Oct 29, 2014
    Washington, DC
    Yes, not on the no-shields cars. I'm surprised at how few cars have shields, actually. Is this a NA thing or do other markets have such a high number of cars with shields? I prefer no shields but there are few cars to choose from.

But one of the "low asking price" cars is white and has options such as the LEDs and diamond-cut wheels. A new low price for a car with mileage under 10k.

2012 9.5k miles bianco avus/nero reasonably optioned (led, diamond wheels) - asking $179k

There is also a 2012 bianco italia/sabbia with 16k miles for $179k reasonably optioned (triple layer paint, leather options) (Ferrari dealer)

7. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I don't think there is any explainable rational to shields vs no shields. its a personal decision. most of the FF owners I know have multiple Ferraris. for me its the car I use with my kids so I didn't want the extra attention of shields. my 456 and 612 have no shields and prefer my 2+2s to be that way.

8. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    All these prices are all over the map which leads to one conclusion: they will trade below even the lowest offers...

9. Replevin

Replevin Karting

Oct 29, 2014
    Washington, DC
    If you look at the low asking price cars, they are definitely within a range that correlates to the year. There are obviously higher mileage cars and non-dealer cars with crazy interiors where the ask is lower. But $170k-$180k is probably the current price for a 2012 with 10k miles.

From watching prices for about a year now there is some truth to the idea that there are philosophical differences between how dealers price cars. Perhaps this is a result of regional markets, but some dealers do not move asking prices (at all) while others will incrementally move them downward over time.

While not a popular opinion around here, I don't think that current cars are accurately priced (at least not 2012s). There are numerous well-priced and attractive cars that have been for sale for a year (Cargurus note that on the listing).

Assume some dealers are sitting on cars with a much higher basis and that's the reason why the prices haven't moved. But I don't get why you sit on a depreciating asset for 362 days. Does the factory provide price support to dealers? Or is there just not enough of a market here?

10. Replevin

Replevin Karting

Oct 29, 2014
    Washington, DC
    Makes sense. Thanks.

11. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Talking with UK dealers, the FF has found a second gust of interest as it reached the £150k level. That would suggest trade bids around £130k. I think the technology jump with the dual clutch gearbox will keep FF interest healthy longer term, it was a huge change. However it is a 2 plus 2 Ferrari and there is a strong history of them being unloved. This is good news, as almost every other darn F car is now daft money no matter what it is. So a nice spec FF with a 458 to match may well just turn out to be 2 cars worth getting now, less for any collector ideas, but to have 2 great non turbo era cars that you can really get out and use and enjoy. Last of a generation.

12. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Well said.

13. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Based on looking at the internet sites, it seems like FF prices are finally moving south of 150kGBP. Cars that sat at the dealers for months at 150-155kGBP are now being priced in the 145kGBP range. It will be interesting to see if the slide continues, especially if these cars are not bought over the remaining summer months.

14. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    Whatever price you thought yesterday in the UK, it is 10% lower today in local currency... Homes, cars, watches...

15. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Until prices are reset up where applicable.

16. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir

Today, maybe. The Brexit melodrama is ridiculous, and will pass. Competition, sovereignty, and self determination/governance beat centralized govt in the long term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Storm in a tea cup. Great for traders.

18. vrdjs

vrdjs Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    Just my two cents, but I drove an FF for a couple of months and thought it was amazing! It is by far the most comfortable Ferrari I've ever driven. It's pure luxury with an insane amount of power and with great handling. I hear lots of folks trash talking the shape. But, to me, that's part of the charm. I agree with the poster who talked about the 612. At the time it was pretty controversial in terms of shape, etc. Now? I'd love to put a really nice 612 in the garage. For that matter, I'd love to put a nice FF in there as well.

19. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    recent manheim sale for a 2014 FF

Date Auction Sale Type Price Odometer Cond Color Eng Trans In Sample
    06/29/16 Manheim New Jersey Lease $173,000 6,969 Avg BLACK 12G A No

20. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Amazing price. Tempting. Also a lot cheaper than I've seen advertised for '14s

21. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    No one pays close to what they are "advertised"...

22. jpersonal

jpersonal Rookie

Jun 26, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    J C
    Wow $173,000 is awesome price for 2014..

23. 996TTurbo

996TTurbo Formula 3

Apr 9, 2006
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Martin
    thats an absurd price, clean carfax? my dealer is offering me 165 trade in on a 12

24. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I told you guys these things arent worth crap- anyone who thinks theyre holding value in the usa is delirious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. jpersonal

jpersonal Rookie

Jun 26, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    J C
    How many miles on yours 996TTurbo?

@ttforcefed: i think you are right on this one. It is honestly beneficial for people like me who plans to get into the car to enjoy crap out of it lol