Pre Purchase inspection | FerrariChat

Pre Purchase inspection

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Hrb2007, Apr 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hrb2007

Hrb2007 Rookie

Apr 19, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Barber
    Hi there,

I’m new to the site and Ferrari ownership and looking for a recommendation for someone to undertake an inspection a 612 or 550?

Ideally mobile in view of the lockdown but could possibly get cars delivered to garages if open.

If mobile would cover London, Herts, Essex and Kent areas.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Welcome

Mobile is tricky but you could ask Mark at morethanpolish in the first instance

Garages could include Autoficcina Rardley KHPC but the cars are sufficiently rare that it would be better not to give yourself geographical constraints in your search

If you are looking at a 550 or 612 do not rule out a 575 altho' I guess you need to figure out if you want F1 or manual - lots of information about them all in the various model sections

3. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Welcome Paul,

Also Tim at WalkerSports (never heard a bad word, ever!) does travel but not sure about in these times. Aldous as "Aldous voice" more London way.

Worth joining (free) www.clubscuderia.co.uk. UK centric forum with a huge wealth of intel. FChat for more volume of intel on specific models.

Also worth posting up which car you are interested in as somebody might know it; or at least if your buying from a garage which garage; as some have better reputations than others!!!

Good luck...and we like pictures ;)

4. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Indeed we do. The more the merrier.:)

prober34 likes this.
  5. demus_uk

demus_uk Rookie

May 5, 2017
    Hi

Completely agree with A348W looking at clubscuderia and regarding Tim Walker from Walkersport. He helped me with my 612 purchase last year (based in East London/Essex borders). From my understanding, pre Covid-19, he used to do PPI in most of the areas you spoke of ....All I can say he was awesome. :)

My background, this 612 was my first ferrari or indeed anything in this particular pedigree. So used FChat and clubscuderia to help with my thought process

In case of interest

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/i-have-a-dream.551458/#post-146760720

https://www.clubscuderia.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?58621-612-buying-advice

If I can help with anything let me know.

Good luck with the hunt and everyone keep safe