PPI Recommendation in Columbus | FerrariChat

PPI Recommendation in Columbus

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by Aeroman, Jan 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aeroman

Aeroman Karting

Nov 8, 2013
    DFW Texas
    I'm looking for an independent shop to perform a PPI on a f430 in Columbus. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

2. Esoteric Auto Detail

Esoteric Auto Detail Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Is it the f430 at Byers?

For paint and appearance we would be happy to help.

For mechanical Evans Automotive or NJB Automotive.

3. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Hi Phil,

My recommendation is to ensure the Indi shop you end up taking the car to is very familiar with Ferrari F430 and known issues to look for and focus with. This is crucial.

I have compiled a PPI list for sharing but have not had the time to post it yet as it's in my home desktop computer.

I will send it to you and share it here on Monday next week when we get back home.

I've read so many horror stories where they took their Ferrari to an Indi not very familiar with Ferrari and missed many known weak items that are very expensive to repair.

Dan

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4. Aeroman

Aeroman Karting

Nov 8, 2013
    DFW Texas
    To Esoteric: Yes it's the car at Byers. Not sure whether I'm going to pursue yet.

Dan: Thanks for the input. I've tried to be very careful in choosing shops. I try to spend as much time as possible interviewing shops over the phone, as well as counting on the experiences of the great folks here on this forum. The forum has been my best source of information/quirks/common problems on these cars. I've spent about 3 years reading especially the 360/430 forum until I was financially ready to buy.

Hope the weather isn't too bad up there...but after 30+ years up there you get used to it. We couldn't.....but both my brothers have been up there at least 30 years. My oldest brother retired after 42 years at Boeing. Lives on Taps Island.

whatheheck likes this.
  5. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    I would use Evans Automotive also..great people and definitely have the knowledge.

otterbeinjumper likes this.
  6. Bevo

Bevo Karting

Feb 2, 2005
    columbus ohio
    Full Name:
    jack babbitt
    this car was brought to us it took awhile but discovered water damage

7. todd6363

todd6363 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2007
    Ohio