PPI in Chicago | FerrariChat

PPI in Chicago

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by miami355, Oct 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. miami355

miami355 Karting

Sep 2, 2006
    Miami, FL
    I am looking to buy a Ferrari 400i in Chicago, and need a PPI. It seems Continental doesn't do them, and I can't do it at Auto Sprint (nothing wrong with them, conflict of interest). Does anyone have any other recommendations? I'm looking for a visual inspection and a compression test on a 400i (V12).

DMG

2. wildcat326

wildcat326 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Justin
  3. deshapiro

deshapiro Karting

Sep 25, 2015
    Also looking for a PPI. I'm interested in a car from Gold Coast Bentley.

Thanks,
    David

4. labalestra

labalestra Rookie

Dec 29, 2016
    Euroquipe, Team Stradale, Rennology, and Fluid MotorUnion can provide you with a PPI.

5. JohnInItaly

JohnInItaly Karting

Feb 5, 2019
    California
    Full Name:
    John McCoy
    I am looking at a low mileage 2010 California at the Hinsdale dealership near Chicago, with nothing suspect. Can someone suggest a pre-purchase inspector? Thanks.

6. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Fluid Motor Union

7. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    I had a car in the Chicago area inspected by Giovanni at AUTOSPRINT.

8. JohnInItaly

JohnInItaly Karting

Feb 5, 2019
    California
    Full Name:
    John McCoy
    Thank you to all for the helpful hints. As luck would have it, a one owner 1800 mile red/tan California popped up at a Ferrari dealer only 11 miles from where I will be on vacation next week, and they made me an offer that I could not refuse! The 1970's fan conversion project is still in the works, and I will post info and photos on that thread soon.

9. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    fan conversion? btw offer them even less

10. avt96cobra

avt96cobra Rookie

Oct 16, 2020
    Harlingen, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bryan Wolf
    So, what did you think of the inspection? 100% recommend... any deficiencies or detailed that was too much?

11. JohnInItaly

JohnInItaly Karting

Feb 5, 2019
    California
    Full Name:
    John McCoy
    There is no substitute for seeing the car, but just follow your gut instincts. My 1800 mile California looked perfect, but not using the car often during the early years caused the hydraulic pump for the roof to slowly leak fluid until it no longer worked after the car was shipped. The leak could not have been detected in any inspection. Repair bill for the warranty was over $15,000 but was covered by the dealer/factory CPO coverage. Cars used regularly have less problems.

12. avt96cobra

avt96cobra Rookie

Oct 16, 2020
    Harlingen, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bryan Wolf
    Thanks for info.

13. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Yes, Beware of buying a low mileage car, Called 'Garage Queens'. If you do, plan on have lots of repairs, like gaskets, hoses, etc that need to be replaced. I learned that lesson the hard way....

14. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Our 2013 Cali had 13,000 miles on it when we bought it in the summer of 2019. We were not turned off by the mileage. It translated to about 2000 miles per year, which for any other make of car would probably raise eyebrows! (It was owned by a little old lady who only drove to church once a week!) Other than a small oil leak, we've been lucky with the maintenance, and we've put on 7000 miles so far. A regularly driven car poses less problems than one which sits in the garage.

pilotoCS likes this.