PPI at The Collection | FerrariChat

PPI at The Collection

Discussion in 'Florida' started by rcuming, May 24, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rcuming

rcuming Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Reid
    I'm considering getting a PPI at The Collection. There are a lot negative comments on F-chat about them. Do you think they are trustworthy to perform a PPI?

2. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    If the car is in south Florida there a several places I would go before the Collection...Tim Stanford, for starters, or Ferrari Maserati Fort Lauderdale (although I'm not sure the do PPIs).

3. Drew_4RE

Drew_4RE Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 19, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    Drew
    No, not from what I've read here. Blackhorse in ft lauderdale would be my pick down there.

4. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Depends on the car, if its not a computer car, Tim Stanford is the only place I would recommend. If it is a computer car, like a 360 and newer, then I would still ask Tim his opinion.

5. oss117

oss117 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2006
    Plantation, Florida
    Full Name:
    Alfredo
    Go somewhere else !!
    Dealers today work only by hooking the car up to a computer.
    The reason for a PPI is to have an in-depth look at the whole vehicle, something the computer is still not able to do.

6. Uomo360F1

Uomo360F1 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2007
    #6 Uomo360F1, May 25, 2010
    Last edited: May 25, 2010
    Once again. "Il Signore" Alfredo scores another home run ! A proper PPI has to be performed by an independent individual, who will check the car meticulously and not only through an LCD.
    BTW, are you going to PIOLA Hallandale for "gnocchi" this coming Saturday?

7. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Gnocchi? Did someone say Gnocchi? I love those little potato balls. I have to put them in my luggage and bring them with me to Mexico. They don't understand anything here unless its soaked in poblano.

I also have to bring risotto and porccinis, its a novelty when I make it. To find real basil here is like finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.

Did find a restaurant here, true Italian chef/owner, from the Venice area. He makes wonderful homemade Gnocci with alfredo sauce.

So what/where is Piola?

There is a place in Boca, the Basil Garden, has the best gnocci in the best marinara I have ever had.

8. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    you didn't mention where the car is located? then, we can give you suggestions.

9. Uomo360F1

Uomo360F1 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2007
    #9 Uomo360F1, May 25, 2010
    Last edited: May 25, 2010

Every 29th of each month, PIOLA Hallandale follows a true Italian tradition of serving potato gnocchi, featuring "all you can eat" gnocchi for just $ 14. Yes, 14 bucks !
    The gnocchis come in a variety of sauces, like marinara, four cheese, bacon creme, salmon creme, pesto, among others. Alfredo and his family, as well as myself, are true connoiseurs of this restaurant. Great food and service at very reasonable prices.
    So, if you feel like joining the crowd, come on over 1703 E Hallandale Beach Blvd. Hallandale BEach, FL, 33009. Next to Winn Dixie. Ample and safe parking. SSF hosted a couple of dinners here, back in the days when Martin W. would eat Pizza. Now the boy likes grape puree. LOL

10. JB@TubiStyleNA

May 18, 2010
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Justin
    We would be more than happy to perform a PPI for you.

11. oss117

oss117 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2006
    Plantation, Florida
    Full Name:
    Alfredo
    Caro Comandante, I would like to, but we have a conflict with another social event my wife Mara has agreed to.
    So at the moment it is a "may be" for the gnocchi on the 29th and I am working towards a "yes".

12. oss117

oss117 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2006
    Plantation, Florida
    Full Name:
    Alfredo
    Ela Ron, Piola in Hallendale makes the best gnocchi I have been able to find in the New World.
    Best of all, on the 29th of each month you can sample them in any sauce they make, until you say: "Please, please Stop".

13. oss117

oss117 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2006
    Plantation, Florida
    Full Name:
    Alfredo
    A PPI of the gnocchi?

14. Uomo360F1

Uomo360F1 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2007

A new term in the culinary vocable.
    Lascilo sapere si stiate venendo, OK? Salutti.

15. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
    no freaking way !!! i know this is an old forum, but i couldn't resist .. The Collection are a bunch of crooks