Powerplay boats ? | FerrariChat

Powerplay boats ?

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by WILLIAM H, Oct 26, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    http://www.powerplaymarine.com/

Anybody own 1 of these or know about them ?

a friend wants to go half on a boat w me

We are looking at a used 38 footer

Thanks

2. abolfaz

abolfaz Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2005
    Coral Gables
    The 38 was actually the boat that ended up putting Powerplay under. Michael Peters designed, Danny (the owner) spend a TON of money on the tooling and unfortunately never recovered from the investment. There are a few early ones kicking around that are great boats, but I would stay away from the later boats that were built as the doors were closing.

3. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  4. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    pass powerplay

donzi is badass

5. DMOORE

DMOORE Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    Go to offshoreonly.com, and check out the classifieds. There are a TON of deals out there right now.

Darrell.

6. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
  7. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  8. oss117

oss117 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2006
    Plantation, Florida
    Full Name:
    Alfredo
    Michael Peters designed also a few Magnum boats that were quite good.

9. rushdriven

rushdriven Formula 3

Jul 1, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    John R. Eltringham
    Its up to $150,100 now...

10. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    #10 slm, Nov 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    damn, thats not bad...

12. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M

Agreed. I am just getting into boats. Just bought a DCB Mach 26 to run on our local lake. We have a place on Lake Michigan. If only we were able to spend more time there I would do this in a second.

13. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
  14. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Thats the coolest boat i've seen in a long time. Cheap for what it is too...Second hand i suppose?

That boat is just begging to get painted in a combo of matt nato green and black.

15. JR.

JR. Karting

May 12, 2006
    lake forest, IL
    you live in Cigarette land..

you might want to look at a 38' top gun..

great boat and good used resale

find one that has been gone thru

16. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Factory Demo

17. Magnum Dino 308

Sep 9, 2014
    The 38 was actually "not" what put an end to Powerplay. It was deceiving & lieing to customers, employees & vendors, by using their funds disapropriately. He is, and always will be, a confidence man, keep this in mind. Michael Peters simply digitized a drawing that was provided him by Powerplay, so that Molicam Co. could use their 5-axis router to shape the foam deck plug in their shop. Michael also had absolutely nothing to do with the 38's hull design whatsoever.

18. "StormBringer"

BANNED

May 20, 2014
    Greenwich/Malibu
    I thought this was a current thread. Catch our DCB M41 on the west coast..twin turbo mercury 1350's.

19. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    [quote="StormBringer";143401339]I thought this was a current thread. Catch our DCB M41 on the west coast..twin turbo mercury 1350's.[/quote]

LOL....right next to your Zondas? Time for you to put up or shut up.

20. "StormBringer"

BANNED

May 20, 2014
    Greenwich/Malibu
    #20 "StormBringer", Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
    You are very unprofessional as a moderator. I usually don't go back and look at posts but another member emailed me about your so called post. Why don't you take the moderator badge off when you post your rubbish, it's not a good call having that as a mod and posting ignorance about someone you know nothing about. If you are in my area you would know me otherwise maybe you should take your own advice. As far as "put up" as a former NSWC and having owned a specialized company dealing with high end situations I do not post private personal items to be marked as a potential target.

This is an old flickr account. Most are old pics of vintage races but a few are mine that no longer wear those colors. Not sure if this site has PM but anyone from the Greenwich area usually knows me.

Of course on these sites conflict is often expected and encouraged and that is why the mods are not professional.

Actually have much more interesting vehicles than the Zondas. Just gave my friend one of the first extended LWB Rover's we are building for the Arab market(armoured). Tired of seeing all these black editions so I joined the club with a special "Black Dog" Rover in honor of him and his music.

21. "StormBringer"

BANNED

May 20, 2014
    Greenwich/Malibu
    #21 "StormBringer", Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
    [quote="StormBringer";143403803]You're very unprofessional as a moderator. I usually don't go back and look at posts but another member emailed me about your so called post. Why don't you take the moderator badge off when you post your rubbish, it's not a good call having that as a mod and posting ignorance about someone you know nothing about. If you are in my area you would know me otherwise maybe you should take your own advice. As far as "put up" as a former NSWC and having owned a specialized company dealing with high end situations I do not post private personal items to be marked as a potential target.

This is an old flickr account. Most are old pics of vintage races but a few are mine that no longer wear those colors. Not sure if this site has PM but anyone from the Greenwich area usually knows me.[/quote]

Sorry forgot the flickr account.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/98028471@N06/9222089655/

On a competing car site a moderator actually took the old pics of the manor house and researched the history when I mentioned one of the bank names which was founded by my great grand-dad. Stalkers and haters at every point. Never could stand a person trying to bring another into the negative. Sort of glad this is an old thread.

There is also an old trophy there somewhere of the cross country race I ran with my best bro Cozy Powell(no longer with us). Still the record holder after several decades. Basically the black & gold striped 289 is my brothers. The black SL my families, '66 gt 350 H sapphire blue my old HS car. Black S/C no comment. lol

22. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    What's your first name? It will confirm whether all this is the truth or BS.:

But as you can see we're on to you:

[quote="StormBringer";143403812]Sorry forgot the flickr account.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/98028471@N06/9222089655/

On a competing car site a moderator actually took the old pics of the manor house and researched the history when I mentioned one of the bank names which was founded by my great grand-dad. Stalkers and haters at every point. Never could stand a person trying to bring another into the negative. Sort of glad this is an old thread.

There is also an old trophy there somewhere of the cross country race I ran with my best bro Cozy Powell(no longer with us). Still the record holder after several decades. Basically the black & gold striped 289 is my brothers. The black SL my families, '66 gt 350 H sapphire blue my old HS car. Black S/C no comment. lol[/quote]

The flickr account is a nice touch. How about a pic of just one of these with you next to it holding a piece of paper with your Ferrarichat screen name?

23. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Any jets for sale ?