**Post your dietary/workout supplement questions in here!** | Page 2 | FerrariChat

**Post your dietary/workout supplement questions in here!**

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by WCporsche, Feb 19, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Wow! That's great!

Connor,
    What do you recommend for normal vitamins (multivitamins) for guys in their 40s?
    Thanks,
    Matt

2. WCporsche

WCporsche Karting

Feb 19, 2012
    Thornton, PA
    Full Name:
    Connor Sherman
    Hey Matt,

If your diet is rich in micro nutrients, there may not be a need for a supplemental multi vitamin.

However, for 90% of the population, that is not the case, and a multi vitamin may be needed. Orange Triad is a good one (very bioavailable) as is Source Naturals Life Force. Can't go wrong with either.

3. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks, I'll. Plan on amping it up more in the next few weeks. Gonna start adding weights next week too.

I should have said 23lbs in three weeks above. The polar is working great just way different on calories. I dint really care was just wondering if that's normal for some reason?

The eat to live info is amazing. Ive never had such an easy time changing eating habits. I crave fruit and veggies now. Not meat and carbs. Anyone who wants to try it its written by Dr. Joel Furhman. Simple to do and very effective. I ate pizza and beer and a bunch of other junk last Saturday and still lost 5 lbs this week. I feel much better too. Gonna have to check with my Dr. Soon to cut back or out on my high blood pressure meds.

4. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I decided to take part of your info to heart so to speak. I am now doing about 40-45 minutes at pretty low intensity. The Polar monitor actually sets the boundary between "fat burning" and "fitness" each day. I'm not sure what the formula is that it uses, but I do know that if I take a couple days off the number is lower than it is if I don't.

Anyway, right now it is running around 113-118. I try to keep it right around where it sets the line for the 40-45 minutes. Then I move the "ramp" and "resistance" up a bit and get my heart rate up to about 130. From there I have been doing 30 second sprints all out. It varies, but my rate usually climbs to between 140-150, sometime peaks just above 150. Then I slow back down just long enough for my rate to come back to 130 and I start at the next 30 second mark again. It's usually 1.5 to 2 minutes between sprints.

I think I'm getting a better workout this way. My recovery time seems to be getting a bit better. With a couple deep breaths when I'm at the top I start to see my heart rate drop pretty quickly. Interesting stuff!!

5. ARKALTO4

ARKALTO4 Rookie

Jul 25, 2011
    Saint Louis
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    I need a recommendation for a good fish oil supplement.

6. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I'd also like to know why people take probiotics.

7. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh
  8. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    What is the best pre-workout supplement?
    I've been looking at either NO Xplode or ON's AmiNO energy.

9. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    I use to like NO Xplode but now that I do mostly heavy cardio it hurts more than helps. Last thing I need is to elevate my heart rate even more. I liked it for weights because it really gives you a kick to amp up your sets

10. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    That's basically what I'm looking for. I may only do 15 minutes max for my cardio workouts, the majority of my workouts are weight-centered. I like that NO Xplode has creatine as well.

11. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Bumping this for more suggestions on a pre workout supplement. I'm almost done with my NO Xplode container, and while I like the results, I can't handle the taste. I got watermelon and I don't know if I should try another flavor or another supplement altogether.

12. grngryoutmyway

grngryoutmyway Karting

Nov 4, 2011
    It has been a while since I took NO X but I think I had a fruit punch flavor and it was ok. All that stuff is going to be really sweet and fizzy, so if that is your issue just add more water and try to chug it.

I have been looking for something to try that is easy on the stomach (which is why I haven't taken supps in a long time) and Creative Labs Green MAGnitude seems to come highly reccomended. A lot of reviews people talk about how good it tastes as well, I think it is a sour apple flavor, so if that is not your bag you might not like it though.

I also take pro biotics to answer Smiles question. For me it is because of other issues. If you have a healthy gut they are not really neeeded though it might be worth a try to see if they help you. They come in especially handy if you have taken any kind of anti biotics as those tend to wipe out all the healthy stuff in your gut.

You guys should check out the BB.c.. forums, tons of info and different insight.

13. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Bumping this thread. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good daily multivitamin?

14. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Alive or GNC mens

15. 150shot

150shot Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2003
    San Dimas, CA
    Alive by Far. Never had any much luck for myself bout GNC and its effectiveness.

16. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave

Turns out my wife has been taking the women's alive multivitamin so I grabbed a bottle of the men's for myself.