Possible to have GTO exhaust note on 599 ? | FerrariChat

Possible to have GTO exhaust note on 599 ?

Discussion in '612/599' started by KEC35, Nov 17, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KEC35

KEC35 Rookie

Sep 13, 2012
    Istanbul
    The topic says it all i guess.

Is it possible to get the GTO exhaust note on a 599 HGTE ?

Right now I have cat-bypass and capristo valvetronic exhaust on my car, but I would love the get that GTO exhaust note.

Any suggestions ? What is the GTO's sound is all about ? Intake or just cats and silencers ?

Thanks

2. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
  3. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I really need one of those.

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    We know the GTO exhaust will not fit the 599 because the chassis are different. GTO wheels will fit, though, so some consolation.

5. vaderinc

vaderinc Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2010
    Dubai, UAE
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Does anyone know how this Innotech exhaust compares with the equivalent Capristo?
    I am really having a hard time picking a winner here ... and more importantly deciding which one to order :)

The Ferrari dealership here is suggesting the OEM HGTE or a Tubi which they can fit for me and also give me warranty (surprisingly). Tubi is the only aftermarket exhaust that they would do from the dealership but i am not convinced that this is the way to go.

6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Interesting. Will the headers fit though? If the headers do, then get someone to build the rest of the exhaust up out of titanium and you're good to go.

7. f430hunter

f430hunter Rookie

Jun 26, 2007
    devon uk
    Full Name:
    simon lester
    Hi i have the tubi fitted on my 2011 hgte and its awesome i promise you,the sound on start up is unreal,wifey is not a great lover of it as it is a very loud exhaust but hell i love it.Not very good at posting sound files and pictures but when shes out of hibernation will do my best to download for you.Please dont ask which model of tubi i have as i did not fit it,was allready on car when i collected it,hope this helps.

regards simon

8. adam76

adam76 Karting

Aug 28, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Adam
    The OEM HGTE doesnt sound much diff than standard if at all. If you just want to increase sound and want the simplest, least expensive and least intrusive option, buy one of these (link below) and call it a day. If you want a little more sound add a secondary bypass pipe. Neither will trigger CEL or void warranty and cost a fraction of a full exhaust replacement.

http://www.capristoexhaust.com/shop-online/ferrari-products/ferrari-599?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_color_plus.tpl&product_id=72&category_id=38

9. adam76

adam76 Karting

Aug 28, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I haven't rode in a GTO full throttle so not sure exactly how they sound. I recently moved from the Capristo to a Meisterschaft since I wanted more "sound" out of the car. The Meisterschaft is definitely louder and has a bit more bassy tone to it due to the oversized piping and the way they made their bypass pipes. For someone wanting something a bit more obnoxious sound wise over the Capristo, the Meisterschaft is a good option. Have not heard an Innotech in person...

10. vaderinc

vaderinc Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2010
    Dubai, UAE
    Full Name:
    Mario
    So would a secondary bypass pipe be the best way to go? Anyone else care to express an opinion on this?

11. qwertstnbir

qwertstnbir Formula 3

Jul 14, 2013
    capristo is a good option for V12
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqhmBU18Kes]LOUD Child Scaring Ferrari Enzo with Capristo Exhausts 0-60MPH acceleration in London! - YouTube[/ame]

12. Evan.Fiorentino

Evan.Fiorentino F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    The secondary catbypass pipes are going to give you a very aggressive but lower tone compared to the GTO. I would say that the secondary catbypass pipes make the 599 sound more like an Enzo than a GTO.

13. adam76

adam76 Karting

Aug 28, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I would start with the valve control first. Easier install and less $. Next add the bypass pipes.

14. carlya

carlya Rookie

Dec 12, 2013
    I dont know why it was diverse the previous evening however Ive been driving around throughout the day and adoration the fumes now. It appeared a ton raspier the previous evening and today sounds so much better. Sick take a vid so you can hear it.

15. Evan.Fiorentino

Evan.Fiorentino F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    Guys, I am still looking to get a 599 in here to look at possible muffler development and secondary catbypass revisions. Anyone that is interested will receive a free secondary catbypass set up :)

16. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  17. Sup

Sup Rookie

Dec 6, 2003
    it's all about the headers...it doesn't really matter which aftermarket mufflers/exhaust you use, the sound will fundamentally be the same low/gruff unless you change the headers.

18. YAMVS6

YAMVS6 Karting

Jan 26, 2011
    ohio
    sounds changes quite a bit with installation of center pipe

19. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    But not to the tune that it'll sound like a GTO. You need 6-1 headers for that, no way around it.

20. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    If you were local...

21. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    The highest pitched 599 exhaust I have heard, where you only swap the mufflers and tailpipes, is the Kreissieg. Believe they also sell complete exhaust systems including headers.

22. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    Their kits sound amazing but I can't justify the $10k msrp. I don't see enough value at that price point.

23. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Less than an original GTO exhaust would cost, if it would fit, but still very expensive. Pays for all the engineering to get that sound. Notice Kreissieg includes an X-pipe with their systems. Good for sound, possibly, but costs hp and torque compared to simple straight pipes as fitted to the OEM 599.

24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1

25. Jkay

Jkay Karting

Jan 9, 2017
    Possibly considering an IPE Infotech exhaust with cat bypass for my 599.

Based on the above, would having the cat bypass actually make the tone lower? I do like the slightly higher pitched tone. It will never sound like a 599XX, but OMG they sound EXCELLENT