Positive and Negative posts for battery jump starts | FerrariChat

Positive and Negative posts for battery jump starts

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by John Hasty, Oct 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John Hasty

John Hasty Rookie

Jul 16, 2019
    Full Name:
    John H. Hasty
    Where would the posts for use in a battery jump start located in the 1989 Mondail t ?

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Not sure i understand the question , just put the jump leads onto the battery terminals- where else would you put them ?

3. Drewbdo

Drewbdo Karting

Apr 8, 2016
    Atlanta, Georgia
    #3 Drewbdo, Oct 16, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    Depends on what you're into... o_O:p:D

Seriously though, the OP may not know where the battery is.

In the "Mondials for sale" thread, I describe visiting a Copart lot to view a Mondial T listed as a "no start" condition. The guys who work there didn't know anything about the car, but said I was welcome to use their jump box to try to start the car.

Unfortunately, at the time, I didn't know where the battery was located (front trunk), or even where the manual release handle for the front trunk was.

Total Mondial newbie here... it is the only Mondi I have ever seen in person. :rolleyes: lol

4. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    You stick to the kinky stuff with the jump leads and i will be a bit more conventional.

Drewbdo likes this.
  5. Drewbdo

Drewbdo Karting

Apr 8, 2016
    Atlanta, Georgia
    :D lol

If you are looking for the battery itself, it's in the front trunk. If you need the manual release to get into the trunk, here is an image posted by Wade.

[​IMG]

I didn't know where it was located before, so I wasn't able to open the front trunk to check the battery on an auction car. Hope that helps :)

6. John Hasty

John Hasty Rookie

Jul 16, 2019
    Full Name:
    John H. Hasty

7. John Hasty

John Hasty Rookie

Jul 16, 2019
    Full Name:
    John H. Hasty
    I know where the battery is and it is not easy to get to without taking the right front wheel off...the question is whether there is a positive post somewhere else in the car like all my Mercedes have??

8. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
  9. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    The terminals are often under the metal body area and jumper cables can be tough to fit in there, or worse one could hit the metal while attaching to the positive. So jumping a Mondial is not like in more typical cars. The negative cable goes to the battery disconnect switch, and would be the right terminal looking down at the battery from the front of the car. Some people put a replacement battery in where the terminals are centered on the battery and not under the metal body, and therefore easier to access. The OEM battery and terminal location was designed to keep water off the battery, but does compromise terminal access.

10. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Most batteries are hard to get to with jumper cables.

A previous owner ran a cable from the positive to a space on the "wall" of the front trunk near the battery and put in a bolt. Other than making it black (universal power for 12V is red), it works great. Just ground on any metal bolt.

I have added a battery maintainer cable so I can just plug that in to make sure the battery is topped off.

Regards,
    Jerry

Drewbdo likes this.