Poser's run- | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Poser's run-

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by tonyh, Oct 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    What a cool day it lokked like and what a cool idea.

We need to organise one for up North....

I notice one of the 348 spiders and 355 has no front number plate. Is that legal ? The bad bay 360 looks so good with the Hamann wheels on it.

I bet you all created a lot of NOISE POLLUTION !!!

2. dell550

dell550 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2005
    London
    Full Name:
    george c
    Absolutely gutted to have missed what looks to have been an excellent day out-despite the best of intentions I just could not get out of having to do some work so look forward to the airfeild day--have booked the whole week off just to be sure

3. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I believe the poor owners had their plates fall off on the way up to the meet. Complete bugger really...

Happens on my Caterham ALL the time.

4. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    we have done this round leeds but you never made it see what you are missing

5. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Looks like a great days guys.
    Who's is the Daytona?

6. mmm355

mmm355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    John
    Huge thanks to Sy, Dem and Hayley for a brilliant day. The reaction we got as we drove round town was fantastic and Parliament Sq, where I had to leave the party unfortunately was something I'll never forget.

Can we do it again next week?!:)

7. Colin

Colin Rookie

Jun 3, 2004
    Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Colin Veal
    Massive thanks for Sy, Dem and Hayley for organising a brilliant day out. The noise going through that tunnel and re-action of the public around Piccidally particularly was amazing.

This should definitely be repeated - perhaps next April and try to get even more F-cars coming along?

Thanks again, Colin

8. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    No! This event was free of charge to entrants!

9. steve456

steve456 Karting

Feb 16, 2005
    in uk, south coast
    Full Name:
    steve
    well done guys, looks like you had a good time, never ceases to amaze me the amount of people who just stare 1 - priceless !!

whens the next one then, this time i will definatly attend

10. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    It's a day later, and I'm still buzzing from yesterday!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

11. v15ben

v15ben Formula 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Top posing there everyone! Well done! :D
    I would love to have been there but it is a bloody long way from Australia!
    Next time though, I will get myself there :D

12. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    It was a fantastic day :)

The Daytona's mine - not the perfect mode of transport for a hot day in traffic. But a few people recognised it :)

13. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip

Looks fantastic, I'm gutted I could not make it... hopefully next time.

Funnilly enough I was just having lunch with some friends in the city and one of their colleagues had said he saw loads of ferraris and got in his and followed them.... might be the same guy... It's a small world !

14. rviant

rviant Karting

Jan 22, 2004
    Bedfordshire
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Looks like everyone had a great time weather looked great. Well done to Sy and Dem for organising.

Absolutely gutted I couldn't make it. Had to work in the end, bugger as it was called of Friday and then got a phonecall Sunday mornign and had to work instead of enjoying this great day out :(

15. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    How cool is that?!?!?

I'm sure the guy with the dog in the 360 Spider was called Stanley, but he had to go before we could set off, so not sure if he did catch up. The other guy was of Asian descent, but didn't get his name. Certainly a small world if you know either of them two!!!

16. Kam

Kam Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    London. UK
    Full Name:
    Kam Singh
    The other chaps name was Inderjit.

17. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    Good work Morse! Did he manage to tag along in the pack?!?!?

18. mmm355

mmm355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    John
    There was another guy in a black LHD 355 spider who pulled up alongside me - I asked him if he knew the route and he said he didn't have a clue, he just pulled out ouf a side road, saw us and joined in - he said it was like a dream come true.

I agree. A wet one at that:):):)

19. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    The person that I was referring to is Italian. I forwarded this thread so he can have a look but I am not sure if a non subscriber can see the pics.

20. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Fully recovered now!!! :D

What a great day and thanks for all the messages from everyone.

Firstly and most importantly, I'd like to thank Dem & Hayley, for their invaluable help. Without them....it would have been a right mess.

Also thanks to:

RobGTO (from Pistonheads) for taking the time to film the days events.
    Tad (Maranelloman) for helping me out early in the morning with the directions.
    Rene for also helping with directions (and I'll be contacting you next time for route advice :))
    TonyH for leading the pack to Parliament square
    Hazy for driving all the way down from Staffs for the run.

and lastly to everyone who turned up....a big thank you.

A pleasure to meet everyone and wish I had more time to talk to everyone and check out their cars.

Nice people..............but what a bunch of Poseurs!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

21. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Here's a message from RobGTO who was filming yesterday:

"Angelis - MASSIVE thank you for organising that as well mate was a truely spectacular site, I do think you should organise another one before the year's out, people will show up...you know it.
    Would you be able to post a thanks from me on fchat to all the great people I met and shared cars with, VERY cool people who certainly did NOT fit the bad, stereotypical stigma once attatched to them [if there was such a thing, but I've learnt since doing a few runs that people involved are just true petrol heads who adore cars]. It was such a fantastic day made even better by top guys.
    I definatly owe some of you beers !

I've got 2 video's to now edit, the tunnel run and the poseur run, which is totaling to around 4 hours in all...so LOTS of editing to be done. I'll sort out either a link to download them, or put a DVD in the post for you.
    This was the first time I've filmed a run, so I probably made a few mistakes, so I'll learn for another time, but it looks like there is some good footage, and the sound is actually fairly decent too.

Many thanks for getting me involved, I'll definatly be interested again. "

22. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    Glad you guys had a wicked time ! Im gutted I missed out... :(

23. mmm355

mmm355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    John
    Big thanks to Rob, he was a nice bloke - and I can't wait to hear my exhaust on his video!!

So is another run before year end a definite?! Yes please!!!

24. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Not sure at the moment.

The only reason there was a good turn out was due in part to the good weather. But I don't see why we could'nt do a "spur of the moment" run on any dry sunday.

There'll definetly be one early next year in Spring and there'll be a few changes.

1. Only 1 route this time.
    2. A more simplified and accurate map, rather than the compex detailed one that was handed out.
    3. We've done Parliament square, next one will be Sloane Square. It's smaller, so I think about 40 Ferrari's will fill it up quite nicely. :D
    4. Regent Street to be added.

If anyone has ideas of starting point, route etc, get in touch with me or Dem.

25. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    Ah! Another passer by! I did wonder where he came from as I hadn't seen him at the start!
    :D

PS: Sounds like he probably had a better idea of the route than any of us!!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D