Portofino A or B - spec dilemma - welcome some help! | FerrariChat

Portofino A or B - spec dilemma - welcome some help!

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ohmygosh, Feb 25, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ohmygosh

ohmygosh Rookie

Feb 19, 2021
    Full Name:
    Amir Goshtai
    Thank you to the amazing people in this forum who kindly helped me decide to go for a Portofino over a Cali T.

I’m stuck deciding between two Portofinos that I’ve found - which spec in the photo is more appealing and would resell more easily, A or B?

Both cars are Blu Tour De France with cream interior (slightly different shades). Note that car B has also got blu mats (welcome and specific views on that).

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    If I get your chart correctly, it seems major diff is A has hi power stereo and B has CF steering wheel. If it were me, I'd rather have the CF steering wheel.
    Add in the diamond cut wheels, and I think that reinforces B...T

3. ohmygosh

ohmygosh Rookie

Feb 19, 2021
    Full Name:
    Amir Goshtai
    Yep you’ve read it correctly. Any views on the blue carpet?

4. DavidPutty

DavidPutty Karting

Jan 19, 2020
    Del Boca Vista
  5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    No view. I almost immediately contacted Andrew @Exoticare and had him make specialized mats for my Cali. His work is all over F-chat. Highly recommended you go that route...T

6. sandisk

sandisk Karting

Jul 16, 2013
    Depends what’s important to you, but you can relatively easily add the carbon steering wheel and diamond wheels afterwards via your Ferrari dealer. But there are no options to add High Power Hi-Fi if your car hasn’t got it due to fundamental changes needed to the car to install. I’d therefore go with option A and add the steering wheel and diamond wheels as a good stereo is important when stuck on the motorway/freeway and can’t enjoy the exhaust note.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

tomc likes this.
  7. agricultoru

agricultoru Rookie

Apr 14, 2020
    Romania
    I have both the JBL system and the LEDS. I listen to music 0.5% of the time. I look at the leds lighting up... some of the time :)
    Go with the LEDS, you won't regret it. JBL sounds really good, but you won't listen to music as much as you think.
    edit: the upgraded wheels make a real difference too

8. TifosiConch

TifosiConch Karting

Jan 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Maurer
    Car B. The CF steering wheel with LEDs makes the interior and is really useful when you are ripping through the gears. The upgraded diamond wheels make the exterior look a whole lot better.

9. BHMSOCCER

BHMSOCCER Rookie

Dec 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I have a 2019 Portofino in TDF Blu and the options on your B list that were must haves for me were the CF steering wheel (you feel like you are racing), the adaptive headlights (amazing for winding roads at night) and the yellow calipers (they just pop when you see the car). I purposely did not get the passenger display as my wife doesn't need to know exactly how fast I am driving.

TifosiConch likes this.