Portal 2 | FerrariChat

Portal 2

Discussion in 'Technology' started by SPEEDCORE, Feb 15, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Portal one of the best games ever made, now has a sequel and it will be out in April! It will also include a Co-op campaign.

You can pre-order on Steam now! :D Will also be available on PS3/360
    http://thinkwithportals.com/preorders.php some stores have pre-order incentives.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5I3VnCHWsU&[/ame]

Can't wait :D

2. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    Love the first one, can't wait for this!

3. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    I was just reading that PS3 owners will be able to do the co-op parts with PC owners!! :eek:

M$ tried this with Shadowrun a few years ago and failed and haven't bothered since so it's nice to see another company attempting this. Maybe down the track we can get more cross platform love :eek:

4. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    I remember when you could play Q3 Arena verses PC and Dreamcast. :) We could really use some more good co-op games, too.

5. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    I never understood the first one.

Turned it on several times and just kept running through walls.

6. YellowS2KVTEC

YellowS2KVTEC Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2009
    Colorado Springs
    So who is playin Portal 2???

Im enjoying it!

7. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    Sorry, too busy playing it to post. :D Great game so far! Cool that it covers different parts of Aperture's history.

8. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Finished it the other day! Awesome game!! I like the new game mechanics with the goo and bridges. The story is excellent. Perfect pacing, the new character Wheatley is funny and a great addition to the game. Great ending too :)

Also going thru the maps with the dev mode on, they are always interesting to listen to. Been going thru looking for the secret areas I missed.

I finished it in about 8hrs had 1 or 2 levels where I was stuck but after I looked at the solution I kicked myself haha.

Get most of my gaming from xbox these days but I got this on PC just to give my machine a workout and because I'm expecting mods like the 1st game.

Haven't played co-op yet but once my friend finishes the game will give it a go.

Definitely a MUST PLAY!!! Game for 2011 :D

9. YellowS2KVTEC

YellowS2KVTEC Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2009
    Colorado Springs
    Awesome! Speed send me a friend invite on steam and we can do some coop some time.

YellowS2KVTEC

10. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Sent. We might struggle due to the time difference but I'm sure we can get a game going on a weekend :eek:

11. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    The problem with this game is the epic wait between sequels.

This game is a huge success from the point of audio and story, but it falls flat on its face when you enter the 8th hour playing it and you are still doing nothing more than looking for a white surface that you can stick a portal on.

It's largely 6 hours of trying to find something to portal on to and two hours of amazing voice acting and story and then it ends.

Graphically, Source is way past its prime, despite all the upgrades it got for Portal 2. There is no divorcing the fact that this is made for an archaic line of consoles that can't render themselves out of a paper bag. The game looks ok for a 2007 game and just looks hugely dated for 2011.

There are a LOT of people jizzing themselves into a coma over this game, but the fact that it will be another 4 years until I get Portal 3 combined with the crap graphics and essentially solemn lifeless gameplay? This game is above average but...just barely so. The voice acting and the story elevate it to epic status and the rest of it is an anchor tied to a dead hooker's ankle.

Not to mention, the game is dead boring until the last two hours.