Porsche guy looking to join | FerrariChat

Porsche guy looking to join

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by matterhorn762, Apr 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. matterhorn762

matterhorn762 Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2004
    Tennessee
    Hi... just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a Porsche guy for 5 years, but love Ferraris to death and plan to own one as soon as it's feasible.

My experience with Ferraris has been driving a 348 and a 355 in the US, and a 360 on the autobahn (that was a GREAT time!). Last summer I made the pilgrimage to Maranello and saw the Enzo first hand on the track. Breathtaking.

Anyway, I'm a former Marine who transferred to the Army Special Forces last year. I'm looking forward to learning from these forums and maybe seeing some more of these beautiful specimens.

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Welcome aboard, soldier. Don't know if you realize this, but you have probably driving more different types of Ferraris than 90% of the people on this board, except Jordan.

Take care, Dale

3. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    Ill bet Germany was a good time!

Thats one thing about the army it has some better duty stations than the corps

okinawa sucked for the most part but thiland philipines, hong kong australia were all good to go.. the pain with the pleasure

johnny

4. matterhorn762

matterhorn762 Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2004
    Tennessee
    I've never been stationed in Europe. I actually just flew there in order to rent the 360 and visit Italy (and some other places). I've also been to Okinawa, Thailand, Hong Kong, etc. with a MEU though. I guess you were UDP?

Anyway, DrTax, thanks for the welcome. I'm always looking forward to learning from first hand owners and enthusiasts!

5. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Consider joining the Ferrari Club also. The regional website for your area is at
    www.fca-se.com

FerrariChat and FCA are both great resources for the pre-owner, as well as for those who already have Ferraris.

6. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Have you been to the Matterhorn (Zermatt)? I was last there about two years ago, definitely an experience... :)

7. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Hello!!

You missed a good meet at the last CAFE!!!