PORSCHE CRASH: SURGEON KILLED | FerrariChat

PORSCHE CRASH: SURGEON KILLED

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Steelton Keith, Jun 29, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    What in the world could have taken place here? News reports have the doctor going 150 mph in the middle of the afternoon on Wade Avenue near I-40. Deceased had wife and kids. Anybody know the man?

2. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
  3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    First thing that came to my mind is suicide. This quote from the article doesn't make it seem completely 100% accident imo. " and he's been having some health issues and he hasn't been himself all the time."

A heart attack is possible, but I feel its less likely. An autopsy can reveal that one at least. Similar to how some plane crashes by docs may be suicides. This one came to mind: https://www.nola.com/traffic/index.ssf/2012/04/slidell_doctor_plane_crash.html

The suicide rate is somewhat high in the medical field. It's happened more often that I would have guessed prior to entering this field.

GuyIncognito and UroTrash like this.
  4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I hate to say this but maybe... suicide with no note. Crash the car because the life insurance company can't prove it wasn't an accident.

Its certainly terrible for the family. The video shows the wife in utter despair and shock.

rdefabri and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Yes the life insurance policy I'm guessing was a lot. No one in my med school committed suicide which is rare overall, but we were next to the beach...

When I was a resident, an anesthesia resident kill himself by gunshot. I wouldv'e guessed meds given his specialty...

6. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    I imagine we will learn something about this in the coming months. For those not familiar with this area, the crash occurred in the middle of a weekday afternoon on a very busy four lane road in west suburban Raleigh (between downtown and the airport).

7. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    I'm struggling to understand how in the world he managed to hit even 100 mph. Wade Ave is almost always busy, and I rarely ever get above 65 mph due to all the traffic. Unfortunately, it sounds like it might have been intentional, or possibly some sort of medical event. My condolences go out to his family.

8. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Sad news.. I wouldn't have thought suicide at first, but it would fit the picture. That or an MI with pressure on the throttle..